Zero UAV Zero UAV YS-X6 [Owners Thread] *Autopilot system for multirotors*

Zero UAV

Hello to All,
Zero UAV YS-X6 is a complete flight system for multirotors, which supports Android/Apple IOS and PC system.
Surprise s :
All Versions come with free GCS of Android/Apple and PC.
Everyone can fly Multirotors now by using your existing iphone or andriod phone and PC...
Anyone can upgrade it whenever need a more challenging flight or share a professional aerial photography/filming...
You know about it.... Come Come Come to join us and enjoy your fly!!

Welcome to contact with us for more details or on any questions:
Sales: sales_zerouav@yeah.net
Technical Support: support_zerouav@yeah.net
Complaints: zerouav@yeah.net

Functions Brief Description:
1 Auto (Takeoff/ Go Home/Landing)
2 Handfeel Control (Phone Attitude Control )
3 Target Lock & Fly encircle
4 Click/Touch & Fly To Point
5 Realtime Flight status (Google Earth Map)
6 Follow Me (Auto-tracking)
7 Auto-Navigation (Waypoints)
8 Flyfree (Joystick Control)
9 Fail/Safe (auto hover--go home--landing)
10 Realtime Power Display Information
11 Low Voltage Alert (By Phone Vibration)
12 RTH Switch from Transmitter directly
13 Built-in Gimbal Stabilization
14 Flight Control Mode(GPS Atittude Mode/ Atittude Mode/ Manual Mode)
15 Support Quad/Hexa/Octo (type I/type V/type Y & A customize motor mixer)
16 Support receiver {S-BUS/Normal Mode/Self-adaptive(PPM *COMING soon*)}
17 Built-in Damper in IMU
18 Accurate Position & Altitude Hold(Hover Precision is within±1.5m horizital and ±0.5m Vertical)
19 Support Steadycam structure, need to add the second customized IMU (need to customize)
20 Support Bluetooth module

YS-X6 Promo Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7P-VE0F33Zw&feature=relmfu

YS-X6 Functions Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bt35JsLYiuo

YS-X6 with ZERO820 Hexa Video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHH8KfMGozw

YS-X6 with *Steadycam* Video
http://youtu.be/SnEETKQheJE

Attachments

• Components & Accessories.jpg
    Components & Accessories.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 529
  • GPS.jpg
    GPS.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 545
  • IMU.jpg
    IMU.jpg
    16.8 KB · Views: 482
  • LED.gif
    LED.gif
    9 KB · Views: 559
  • MC.gif
    MC.gif
    24.8 KB · Views: 564
  • WIFI.jpg
    WIFI.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 498
  • GCS.jpg
    GCS.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 566
Last edited by a moderator:

ChrisViperM

Thank you for opening this dedicated ZERO UAV section on this forum...I got all the Zero Uav stuff laying around at home and can't use it due to the fact that I am moving to another country.....grrrrr

It is much too quiet in here, but that will change once people realize that there is a life above DJ*.....

All the best..

Chris

robone

Thank you for opening this dedicated ZERO UAV section on this forum...I got all the Zero Uav stuff laying around at home and can't use it due to the fact that I am moving to another country.....grrrrr

It is much too quiet in here, but that will change once people realize that there is a life above DJ*.....

All the best..

Chris

Hi Chris

Why can't you use it?

Rob

ChrisViperM

It is packed already in my container going to Brazil....BTW...I used to live not far from you...in Bryanston - Jo'burg...still love SA with all my heart

Chris

robone

One of my next holiday trips is going to be to Brazil and Chile. Have always wanted to go there. My wife was there a few years ago (Sao Paulo) and raved about it. SA is a good country too. Mind you I also have fond memories of skiing in Austria in a place called Going and IMO the most expensive city in the world, Vienna

ChrisViperM

...I am smiling now...My wife was born not far away from Going, and any now and then we spend a few night here for skiing: http://www.stanglwirt.com/en/

I was born in Vienna and you are right, it's not cheap, especially if you don't know your way around....Chile and Brazil sounds good, but stay away from Sao Paulo...it's basically the economical center of Brazil...not too much to see there. I am going to move to Florianopolis in the state of Santa Catarina:

http://www.google.de/search?q=flori...ACI7otQa63oDADw&ved=0CG8QsAQ&biw=1533&bih=674

....and if you want to party, there is no better place than the Cafe dela Musique: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RC5XJKgbtW4

You should really try to make a stop-over in Florianopolis...you won't regret (...and your wife will call you a hero :nevreness:)

Sorry Zero UAV, for using your thread for personal chit-chat, but once I am there I will spend most of my day flying around with my YS-X6 and report all the good things about it.

Chris

nicwilke

Hey guys... This forum is much more friendly than RCGroups. I'm loving the YS-X6 system. I've got my 16pt waypoint firmware recieved last night by ZeroUAV, and will instal tonight. This will also allow me to go 500m with WiFi, but I'm looking at the data link.

Awaiting for my set to arrive....

How come this thread is so quite ? Is it so good that users of Zerouav set doesn't have any issues ?
I hope so...smooth sailing.

nicwilke

Awaiting for my set to arrive....

How come this thread is so quite ? Is it so good that users of Zerouav set doesn't have any issues ?
I hope so...smooth sailing.
This thread is quiet because the YS-X6 is good. Take your time to set up the system as instructions can be a little confusing.
What are you putting the YS onto?

w2hef

bought a YS-X6

OK... bit the bullet today and bought the basic kit YS-X6..........going to put it on a XA 650 V4.....OR.... the MultiWiiCopter Scarab Quad not
quite finished yet.

What tools/supplies will i need to set everything up that you have experienced... your comments much appreciated.

tks. howie:nevreness:

robone

OK... bit the bullet today and bought the basic kit YS-X6..........going to put it on a XA 650 V4.....OR.... the MultiWiiCopter Scarab Quad not
quite finished yet.

What tools/supplies will i need to set everything up that you have experienced... your comments much appreciated.

tks. howie:nevreness:

Battery Connection

Please remember the following:

The power supply range of MC (Autopilot) and WIFI is 3s~6s(Power remains a
little), namely 10.8V~25.5V, MC provides 5.7V power to RC receiver
automatically, no need to add any out-built power module.

So this means that the Battery is connected directly to the Auto Pilot and to the Wifi unit. You can use the cable provided or use your own. So that means NO UBEC

Remove the red wire from the ESC

Upgrading of FW

Please follow the instructions on page 15 of the Manual. The cable supplied with the system is a Serial (DB9) connection. You may need to use a separate cable to connect from the serial (DB9) connection to a USB port on your PC.

ESC Throttle Channel Calibration

You will need to calibrate the throttle to your ESC’s. I used the “ Install guide Tab “ on the Tablet GCS to run through the whole setup, and part of this was the throttle calibration.

Magnetic Declination

If the magnetic declination is negative, must be entered as a Positive value and if it is Pos it must be entered as negative value.

Router and GCS

It is best to use a router as your connection between your GCS and the YS-X6 wifi module. This gives you better range than using a “hotspot” on your tablet. I suggest either an old Linksys wrt54GS which has a 12v power supply so it can easily be connected to a car battery and the antennas can be changed to improve signal strength, and there is different FW’s available, enabling increasing mw output. Or use a TP-Link WR941ND, or similar.

The GCS software was written for an Android system initially, and then ported to the other systems, so I recommend that you use an Android system as your GCS. The software works.

Compass calibration

There is a video on my website that shows how to do it. Just remember that the front must point down when doing the vertical calibration. The 2 circles do not have to overlap exactly, as long as they are complete circles. When calibrating, the Blue LED light must be on permanently during each process.

Foam support for IMU

Do not use this. It is better to use double sided tape.

Rob

w2hef

awesome. can't wait... how do i install the android on say a amazon kindle or B&N Nook tablet? I don't have an android phone. I do have the software on my ipad & iphone 4s.

I added double sided tape to my list... I do have a wrt54g that is NOT in service so I'm good... would a motorcycle battery or maybe just a long extension cord
from the house as I have a big field in the backyard.

robone

awesome. can't wait... how do i install the android on say a amazon kindle or B&N Nook tablet? I don't have an android phone. I do have the software on my ipad & iphone 4s.
If you have the GCS already installed on your Ipad, then that is good. If so, then don't worry about an Android Tablet/phone

w2hef

Ok... I will still be able to fly the quad if i'm fairly close to it with just the 'HOTSPOT' mode first though correct?