Zenmuse H4-3D on the DJI S900

ezflyr

Hi All,

I recently completed a DJI S900 with A2 flight controller, and now I'm looking to add a camera gimbal. I'm not going to be doing any hard-core video work, so I thought that the 3-axis Zenmuse H4-3D gimbal might be a good choice. With that in mind, I do have a couple of questions for you more-experienced folks out there:

• Will the H4-3D gimbal mount to the S900 with minimal effort?
  • Is the H4-3D gimbal and H4 camera enough mass to balance the S900, as the battery is slightly offset?
  • Will I need the optional GCU when using the H4-3D with the S900?

If the H4-3D is not a good choice for the S900, I'm certainly open to other suggestions. Again, I'm not a professional photographer/videographer - I'm just looking for good quality video for my own use.

Thanks!

John

I was using the h3-3d before buying the zenmuse z15. I didn't experience too much with it but the main problem I found was vibration from the big frame of the s900 on such a small gimbal. But I know that changing the absorbers could fix the problem. I saw some videos in youtube that are rock solid with the same configuration. Balancing the weight of the batteries and gimbal is a little tricky but possible.
In general I could say that the s900 shouts for a zenmuse z15 gimbal, that fits and performs so nice that it's a pleasure to use.

timonroecg

Pablo - how did you mount the h3-3d gimbal to the S900. Is there a special bracket or adapter for the S900? Are there special absorbers for this as well (as mentioned above)? Thanks!