ZENMUSE GOPRO H3-2D Brushless Gimbal ARRIVED at Aerial Media Pros

FedEx delivered a little surprise to Aerial Media Pros today :)

The new ZENMUSE GOPRO H3-2D Brushless Gimbal to be installed and tested.

I am probably not alone, when I say that we have been anxiously waiting for this bad boy to arrive :)

Right out of the box, I can tell that DJI really put some RnD into this gimbal. Very well machined, and incredibly light. Weighing in at only 164 grams, This is by far going to be the lightest of the GoPro Brushless gimbals.

Just like its big brother counter part, The H3-2D has all the wiring for motors and wireless video nicely worked into the gimbal itself. So no messy wires hanging about. There is a real nice docking port that your GoPro 3 slides right into. This gets the video out, so it can be used with your transmitter. A video out plug is included. It looks like a regular stereo plug, and it plugs into the H3-2D's PMU unit. The opposite end is left with the 3 main cables coming out, a Red +, Black -, and yellow for Video. That can be wired into any 12 video transmitter, making it a very simple and tidy installation.

I am attaching a few pics for this eve. Tomorrow, I will try to get some time and go fly this bad boy around. I will post some more pics and video as soon as I get them :) I am really looking forward to putting this through some paces.

Keep in mind, this was just sent to us for initial tesing. No release date, or price has been given to me yet.

Stay tuned for a full review ........

Pre-Order Here

DSC02518_zps46fc498b.jpg

DSC02515_zps41378fdc.jpg

DSC02514_zps1a846b42.jpg

DSC02516_zpsebac8697.jpg

Hi is the gopro lens location correct, offset from centre or is the camera placed the wrong way round?
Thanks and regards - bruce

Gimbal

If no prices are available yet and you can't buy the Zenmuse, this means that DJI is actually paying you for publishing this report, so we can see this as advertisment?
Does the Video Transmission actually work? I've read from other advertisments that this is the only thing that is still not working.

Actually I also hope that this is a Joke that we see the PCB, is there a Shielding for it, a backplate or something like this?

Last edited by a moderator:

olof

Osprey
That looks great. I have a Yun-1 I have been testing and it is pretty messy, wires everywhere and pretty big for a GoPro, it works but the SW and tuning is pretty primitive. It is a product that looks like an experiment. The DJI version looks like a Pro package.

As soon as this kit arrives I will be selling my Yun-1 kit all set up and ready for a F550.

I will definitely be ordering this when the 3 axis version is shipping.

I have a Zenmuse on an S800 and it is incredible good, very nice engineering, super smooth. This looks like a smaller version. I plan to hang it on a F550 or possible even a F450 if the specs allows. This will be a perfect companion to the S800/Zen combo.

I always like to have 2 kits when I show up for a shoot. It is great to have second small setup.

Patrick keep us updated on your results. This smaller setup will be perfect for a boating shoot I have scheduled this September, hand launching and catching a S800 rig is quite a task, I hope the 3 axis will be available by then, if not I will get the 2 axis version.

EDIT:

I just pre ordered, I actually think staying more compact 2 axis will be fine for the second cam. There is always warp stabilizer in AE to take out the yaw hunting.

Kentjjl

Will this only be for the phantom our will you be able to hang it from the F550 all I see is advertisement for the phantom.

Gimbal

EDIT:

I just pre ordered, I actually think staying more compact 2 axis will be fine for the second cam. There is always warp stabilizer in AE to take out the yaw hunting.

Your addicted :highly_amused:

I also like that they really do RnD, so much (chinese) ppl out there without knowledge doing everything wrong. Most ppl even don't understand why the GoPro Lens isn't in the middle...

Tahoe Ed

It looks great. I am looking forward to your impressions and the videos. I want one as well. Not hitting the preorder yet but soon.

RTRyder

Merlin of Multirotors
If I knew what the price was going to be I might be tempted if it was reasonable. Then again, with the success I'm having with the current crop of brushless GoPro gimbals I doubt that I'd want to pay their asking price which is likely to be 2 to 3X what the others are going for. Yes, having it all neatly packaged with the extra bells and whistles is nice but in the long run will it actually perform better than the less expensive competition? Have to wait and see I guess, not sure that it can though...

Ken

Patrick,
Can you tell us what kind of controls exist for the GoPro Hero3? Does it support photo shutter (i.e. taking a photo) and start/stop video? How about other controls such as the Field Of View?
Thanks,
Tim

We finally got a little time to get the H3-2D installed onto one of our Phantoms. Install was pretty simple, with only a few solder joints to make. The H3-2D fired up right off the bat, without a hitch. I could tell right away that it was going to perform well/ After trying 3 other Brushless GoPro gimbals, this one blows them away hands down. Right away, you notice that the H3-2D feels locked in without any delay or lag. There was no need for messing with software, and no need to spend hours trying set decent gains. It really seems to be a plug and play system.

I hooked up a 5.8ghz TX and it worked perfectly, with the supplied video cable that came with the H3-2D.

I was flying it on my 18MZ, so I assigned a slider switch to the X1 channel in the Naza Assistant. This operated the tilt on the GoPro perfectly.

Once it was all set up, I took it out for a quick Shake and Bake test. I was not trying to be smooth at all for this video. I was flying it very rough to see exactly what would would happen with the H3-2D. I feel it performs pretty dams good. I can image what footage will look like when I actually fly it like an AP copter.

Here is the video we shot today. The next one I do, I will go to the beach or something, and focus on flying smoothly to see how nice footage can really get.

Stay tuned............ :)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Can this work with out using a DJI FC?
I'm a HoverFly guy, and have no reason to change, so that would suck if this only works on DJi FC's!