zenmuse bouncing issue

gaberade

My name is Gabriel and I have been flying Phantoms for the past year.

I've owned a few Phantom 2's and I just purchased the new Phantom 2 v2 a few weeks ago with the new upgraded compass and transmitter.
I'm shooting with a GoPro Hero 3+ Black Edition with the Zenmuse H3-3D Gimbal. Using the AVL 58 FPV Kit.
I am continually having problem where the footage is 'bouncing' and its incredbly frustrating as I am out here in Cambodia on a job that requires aerial shots.
Can someone please shed some light on this situation? My previous Phantoms have never had this problem before.
I did the Advanced IMU Calibration, Compass Calibration, Upgraded Firmware, im not sure what the problem is..
Thanks so much,
Gabe

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
To me that looks like an issue of an unbalanced prop or motor. Also, you are getting a strobe effect from the props and the light, you may want to add some kind of light shield above the cam... or even a lens hood (you can make one out of a pill bottle, and it’s so light the gimbal doesn’t know it’s there...

View attachment 22880

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    6.1 KB · Views: 300

gaberade

To me that looks like an issue of an unbalanced prop or motor. Also, you are getting a strobe effect from the props and the light, you may want to add some kind of light shield above the cam... or even a lens hood (you can make one out of a pill bottle, and it’s so light the gimbal doesn’t know it’s there...

View attachment 22880
Thank you so much sleepy c. I will try changing the props and see if that makes a difference. I am aware of the stroking caused by the propellers, I appreciate the solution you sent. Any other ideas what might be causing the bouncing?

Regards,
Gabe