z15 bmpc gimbal problem (start up)

Imprimatur

Dear friends,

I have an s1000+ with Ligtbridge + A2 + z15 bmpc gimbal (2 Tx: 14SG + T10J). Everything is new.

When I turn it on, it does some movements and then stays in a loop (in the pitch axis) moving up and down. Nothing else happens. The roll motors appear to be functional although they are not doing anything (as you can see in the video), while the yaw motors (for the 360) appear to be off. I have checked everything on the assistant software and everything seems to be fine. In fact, the software registers the stick movements from both controls (the T10J is the gimbal one)... however, the gimbal does not respond to anything.

The bird is new and it has never flown. I want to mention though that at some point the gimbal did work (and we could move the gimbal) but later something got disconfigured and we have not been able to get it to work. We spent some time configuring the AUX functions (shutter, etc) and that is all I can think we did.

Please help! Thank you all!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
which canbus port is the gimbal pluggd in to?
i believe there are two open ports but that one is better than the other, i forget which is preferred but i'll look at my A2 quad and get back to you.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
As Bart mentioned, check your can bus (grey plug, black wire) connections.

Also check in the zenmuse assistant software that your mode buttons are functioning correctly.

This is a relatively common problem with new builds so don't worry, just keep reading through the manuals and you'll get it.

Imprimatur

Dear friends, thank you very much for your reply.

The A2 has 2 canbus ports, but both are being used (one connected to PMU and the other from the IMU). The only canbus port left is the one in the top (GPS module). So, where should the gimbal canbus cable be connected to? If I connect straight to A2, then I would have to disconnect either the PMU or IMU. I have read the manuals and gone thru DJI videos but I can not find the specific example when A2 + Lightbridge are involved (and therefore not using iOSD Mark II).

Thank you again!!!

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I just checked mine and it's plugged into the iOSD port.

Sorry, I think i was thinking of the GPS one in my last reply!

Seems weird how your pan axis isn't doing anything. Does it respond to control inputs?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
the gimbal needs to be plugged into the A2's PMU across from the fixed wires that go to the IMU.

you may need to purchase the correct cable to make the connections work. i seem to remember having the same problem when i plugged into the canbus port on the gps cable.

glad to help,
bart

Imprimatur

Dear Bartman, I had not noticed that port until now. It is a canbus but is a little bit different. What kind of cable do you use there?

Dear Benjamin: right now it is only responding to the "rec" button (the camera records, but that't it). No other movements whatsoever.