WKM GPS V2 vs V3

Bluerex

My WKM should be here today (i hope) I ordered a V2 (advertised as "No Bug"), but since ordering I have seen several sites advertising V3 firmware (sometimes with "AUSTRALIA" in capital letters).
Can anyone tell me what the go is here? Is it just a marketing "spin" or is there likely to be a difference between the two (and for that matter, are there two different releases) for us Aussie MultiRotor tragics.

Charles
Cloudy Canberra - Australia

V1: Shipped with original Wookong until mid 2012
V2: GPS shipped with all wookong after mid 2012
V3: Any V2 GPS identified with buggy firmware were sent back to DJI HQ for re-flash of firmware. Returned GPS now known as V3. Physically there is no difference between V2 and V3. V3 avoids the flip of death sometimes seen with laden S800 and skyjib.

I have a V3 GPS, but it still says V2 on it. I would bet your in the same situation.

remyd

Version 3 will have a sticker on it once the firmware has been modified. There is a picture on the DJI recall site showing the difference between the V1 and V2. The Australia part is because there were modifications to the units because they were losing satellites in the southern hemisphere. I think it was a firmware mod but DJI also introduced some new buggy code when they did that FW upgrade which led to the current issue and recall