Why Build When You Can Print A Micro Quad!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I have to admit, I have never been much of a "sport" quad or "FPV" quad enthusiast. I was always more interested in the aerial video aspect of multi rotors and gravitated to the larger rigs. Recently I was invited to fly some FPV and smaller sport quads and I have to admit I got hooked. So the search started for a sweet 200-250 size micro quad. My friend Darrel from ActionDrones set me up with a nice frame that he has out called the ADm. It's the Porsche of micro quads and I love it, but I wanted a "basher". Something I could send on missions that my "Porsche" might not be the right unit for.

For the past few months I have been helping out assembling 3D printers at Makergear.com so the idea was presented to me by one of my co-workers Josh that I should just print a quad. At first I thought of a very flat almost G10 looking quad and balked at the idea, but after searching out some designs on www.thingiverse.com I knew that I could print a very stylish little rig.

A design was selected SEEN HERE and Josh started to print out all the parts. We used ABS plastic to make the parts nice and stiff, yet valuable enough to protect the electronics in the event of a crash. Little 2300KV Sunnysky motors, 12 amp esc's and a Naze 32 that is controlled by a Futaba radio system rounded out the equipment. Seriously if you have a radio already the rest of the stuff could be had for around $100.

After assembling the rig and doing a little research and tweaking on the Naze32 he rig is flying. It is very stable, and yet manuaverable. In the next few days I'll be adding an FPV cam and TX and I think this could be come my favorite rig I own!

So DON'T BUILD IT! PRINT IT!

PICS!

Finished 3D Printed Mini Quad
View attachment 21887

MakerGear M2 - The printer used to print the quad.
View attachment 21888

Josh - Coworker that assisted with the print and the Naze32 programming.
View attachment 21889

Closer look at the "lil guy"

Watch for the FPV update!

Attachments

• IMG_0045.JPG
    IMG_0045.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0046.JPG
    IMG_0046.JPG
    126.7 KB · Views: 294
  • IMG_0048.JPG
    IMG_0048.JPG
    66.3 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0049.JPG
    IMG_0049.JPG
    56 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_0050.JPG
    IMG_0050.JPG
    58.7 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_0051.JPG
    IMG_0051.JPG
    58.9 KB · Views: 248
  • IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    41 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0054.JPG
    IMG_0054.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 228
  • IMG_0055.JPG
    IMG_0055.JPG
    64.1 KB · Views: 266
  • IMG_0056.JPG
    IMG_0056.JPG
    91.7 KB · Views: 282

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
That looks Awesome. But a bacon wrapped one would be cool too. Could that be morfed into a micro Vtail?

I'm sure that is a possibility.
Also I'm a weirdo, a vegan, so I'd have to wrap mine in Fakon... the vegan bacon. :D

rcpilotacro

super stuff there, i am in the process of building a 3D printer DIY, my first project is going to be this, will it be possible to share the CAD file