What works in Ground Station v 4.0.10 for PC

cbuk

I'm fed up with pulling my hair out trying to work out what does and does not work on DJI's GroundStation software. I'm at the stage where I dont know whether it is me making the mistakes or the software not doing as describe in the manual; assuming I am interpreting the chinglish in the manual.

For example, I'm am tesing in simulator mode and am using the waypoint editor. I set up a simple square comprising 4 waypoints and set the heading to 360 degrees for all points. What I would expect when executing this flight plan would be for the craft to go to waypoint 0, set its heading to 360 (i.e. due north) and then head off to waypoint 1 keeping the nose pointing due north. Then when it got to waypoint it should wait the alloted time and then head off to waypoint 2, again with the nose pointing due north.

Unfortunately this doesn't happen; it follows the waypoint route but the heading is all over the place, both between waypoints and when reaching waypoints. Am I missing something obvious or is the software that buggy that not even headings work. Even when I change all headings to 180 degrees and rerun the mission, the craft nose and course is exactly the same and never once points to the south. The heading really does not seem to be working.

Hopefully one of the DJI support guys can answer this or at least point me in the direction of some relevant documentation.

cbuk

Well, with no replies I'm guessing the heading parameter works for everyone else; shame it don't work for me. :upset:

I found DJI to be painful, and not intuitive at all, this is new stuff and support and knowledge is thin on the ground, stick with it.

Sorry I have haven't had time yet to try the new PC version of the software. I will try to get an answer for you the best as I can. The PC user base is a lot smaller than the App user base.

cbuk

Sorry I have haven't had time yet to try the new PC version of the software. I will try to get an answer for you the best as I can. The PC user base is a lot smaller than the App user base.

Thanks blade strike

I found DJI to be painful, and not intuitive at all, this is new stuff and support and knowledge is thin on the ground, stick with it.

Too true flydontdie, I have sent email queries to DJI Europe and they fail to respond.....what's new!?

censrd

Whilst I haven't tried out the latest update as yet, will try tomorrow weather dependent. How you described it how it worked for me previously. If the heading is 360 and that is north then that is the orientation the craft stays pointing. Only when altering the heading should it turn. It would seem odd otherwise cause then what is the point of the heading parameter.

cbuk

Whilst I haven't tried out the latest update as yet, will try tomorrow weather dependent. How you described it how it worked for me previously. If the heading is 360 and that is north then that is the orientation the craft stays pointing. Only when altering the heading should it turn. It would seem odd otherwise cause then what is the point of the heading parameter.

Thanks for your input censrd; it does seem very odd and hence my original query as to whether the heading parameter worked for anyone else. I should stress that I have only tried it in simulator mode; I wanted to be 100% sure of what worked and didn't work (at least in simulator mode) before flying it for real. The last thing I want is for my £5K+ setup to fly away because of a bug in the software....which wouldnt be unheard of for DJI products.

I look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow, fingers crossed for some good weather down-under!

On a side note, could any of the DJI support guys confirm whether support for european customers is still available through DJI-Europe. They have stopped responding to any emails.

censrd

Crappy Weather

Thanks for your input censrd; it does seem very odd and hence my original query as to whether the heading parameter worked for anyone else. I should stress that I have only tried it in simulator mode; I wanted to be 100% sure of what worked and didn't work (at least in simulator mode) before flying it for real. The last thing I want is for my £5K+ setup to fly away because of a bug in the software....which wouldnt be unheard of for DJI products.

I look forward to hearing how you get on tomorrow, fingers crossed for some good weather down-under!

On a side note, could any of the DJI support guys confirm whether support for european customers is still available through DJI-Europe. They have stopped responding to any emails.

Sorry the weather has been non stop heavy winds and rain for the past week so as soon as i can get out and fly I will let you know

Papa Jeff

What a shame that cbuk and Stephane have had no luck with getting any good info from this thread. Blade Strike tired, but
it seems that even he was not successful in getting any info on finding a good recent tutorial for the PC Ground Station.
If my post can stimulate any positive reply from anyone, it will be appreciated. I even started my own thread a few days ago,
but it might just be a little too early for a response, but hopefully there will be something soon.

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
The PC ground station has had very little development from DJI since they started working on their various apps for the I1 and Phantoms it would seem. I wouldn't be surprised if we never see any further updates just as per the Ace One flight controller. There are a lot of bugs in that GS software. My machine often gets to a waypoint and then just sits there.

Papa Jeff

As a result of finding that the PC version of the DJI Ground Station has basically abandoned, I have decided to forge ahead and attempt to work with the Waypoint Mission Planning GUI and see if it can be relied on to create missions the are reliable. We shall see. View attachment 26372 View attachment 26373

Attachments

• IMG_4304.JPG
    IMG_4304.JPG
    118.3 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_4295.JPG
    IMG_4295.JPG
    166.8 KB · Views: 285