XAircraft What case do you use?

wbrownj

So for the wonderful x650 foldable quad, what do you use to carry it around?
I am very interested in something good that does not cost the earth.
Hard case or padded soft case will do.

I have a DJI phantom (but am about to get an x650) and was quite shocked to at the price of cases - about £80.00.
I had looked around and could not justify that sort of expense on a plastic case full of foam inserts.
And then, just today, someone posted that they had found a case for a reasonable price. The link they supplied went to a US site to an item called a
"Weatherproof tool box". I had not been searching using that string but when I did it came up on ebay and was Buy It Now for £34 with free P&P
It is the same size and look as those expensive Pelican cases and fits the Phantom just nicely.

This got me thinking... so, what do you use as a cheap but good case for your x650 and accessories?

Thanks all

J

I use the Pelican 1620 case, it runs about $200 on Amazon, I guess that isn't "cheap", but it sure is solid and keeps everything secure. To me a $200 investment to keep my rigs both organized and safe is worth it when you consider how much you have invested in them. It also makes it a breeze to travel and fly with it since it can be checked as regular baggage. If anyone wants the cutout pictures just send me a PM.

This case holds:
Fully assembled X650 Pro quad w/ gimbal, GoPro, and FPV equipment(you do have to take the props off though)
3 Lipos
1 Lipo charger
1 radio & charger
Video Monitor
Tripod for Video Monitor
Monitor Lipo

Last edited by a moderator:

wbrownj

Thanks for your post... I had given up hope of a response :)
Very nice case but WAY overpriced in my opinion.
Also, given that the x650 is a folding quad, I am thinking of something that will hold it in its folded configuration.

Your point about travelling on planes is well made but my guess is that I personally will not be doing that any time soon.
I kind of keep my eyes open for either a padded cloth zip up case or preferably a slimline flight case of some sort.

I'll know it when I see it.

Thanks again

Jonathan

VIQuad

This is what your wanting......the bare essentials. (Charger can go in a backpack or other carry-on if you feel you need it.)

X650Pro
Radio 8FG
AIO Goggles
3 Batteries(One under the quad) 4S-5800mah
gimbal
video transmitter and antennas
Props and landing gear lay on top or go under quad
"Oh shyt" kit - small misc tools and misc parts

You could squeeze a few extra little things in if you absolutlely needed. But this is my "Bare Essentials X650 Case" I didnt like the "pick and pluck" foam as it falls apart and doesn't hold its shape. Mine is a nice soft foam like a pool noodle.

....And all this airplane carry-on ready. (sorta) It exceeds their measurements by only 1.5 inch long, which is barely even noticeable, all other measurements are in spec. So most gate attendants at the terminal don't even notice or ask questions. I have made it on multiple flights with Spirit, American and Delta.

The cup gives you an idea of size and depth of the case.

View attachment 18187View attachment 18188View attachment 18189View attachment 18190

Last edited by a moderator:

Zirt57

This is what your wanting......the bare essentials. (Charger can go in a backpack or other carry-on if you feel you need it.)

X650Pro
Radio 8FG
AIO Goggles
3 Batteries(One under the quad) 4S-5800mah
gimbal
video transmitter and antennas
Props and landing gear lay on top or go under quad
"Oh shyt" kit - small misc tools and misc parts

You could squeeze a few extra little things in if you absolutlely needed. But this is my "Bare Essentials X650 Case" I didnt like the "pick and pluck" foam as it falls apart and doesn't hold its shape. Mine is a nice soft foam like a pool noodle.

....And all this airplane carry-on ready. (sorta) It exceeds their measurements by only 1.5 inch long, which is barely even noticeable, all other measurements are in spec. So most gate attendants at the terminal don't even notice or ask questions. I have made it on multiple flights with Spirit, American and Delta.

The cup gives you an idea of size and depth of the case.

View attachment 18187View attachment 18188View attachment 18189View attachment 18190

Link please......please. :)