what battery i am lost

i have a dji build going i have the 920 kv motors and a kk 2.0 baord and 30amp esc i dont no what battery to go with i got 2 on hand a 2s 2000mah 7.4v "stock battery for a syma x8c" and a venom 2s 5000mah 20c 7.4 v will either of these work

The motors you have are rated at 3S or 4S. The ones you have just won't have the power you require.

The battery you choose depends on the power system that comes after it (ESCs, motors, props) and the all-up-weight (AUW) you'll be lifting.

Check out the thread @Bartman started about Lipo batteries. Plenty to learn there and well worth the read.

http://multirotorforums.com/threads...m-polymer-batteries.12072/page-19#post-212783
this is the one that the site i got the biuld off of suggest what do you think http://www.amazon.com/ZIPPY-Flightm...ua-20&linkId=aecca48f1427c21c8c784969af152ea5

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That might work fine. You might check to see if you can get one that has a higher C rating (the linked one is 20C). 30-35C is common, and would probably be better for use on any later builds.

I've had very good luck with the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from hobby king. They are cheap and seem to wear well. IR remains decent over prolonged use.

That might work fine. You might check to see if you can get one that has a higher C rating (the linked one is 20C). 30-35C is common, and would probably be better for use on any later builds.

I've had very good luck with the Turnigy Nano-Tech batteries from hobby king. They are cheap and seem to wear well. IR remains decent over prolonged use.
http://quadcoptergarage.com/quadcopter-parts-list-what-you-need-to-build-a-diy-quadcopter/ and this is the link for the biuld it looks like a turnigy battery that they have shown in the pic

think i am going to go with this one what do you think http://www.ebay.com/itm/RC-Turnigy-...C-Lipo-Pack-/251636199721?hash=item3a96afb129 sorry to bug but i am on disability and i have to spend my money wisely lol

jbrumberg

MrW: The battery you referenced the Nano 5000mAh weighs in at 409 grams. That's a pretty heavy battery, and it is rated for 35/70 (Burst) C. You would be better served with a battery in the 25/35C range. They are lighter and at this point I do not see the need for 70C battery with your setup as is.

I use Zippy Compact Batteries (3S 4000mAh 25/35C) and have no complaints so far. They weigh in at 286 grams. They are also cheaper than an equivalent sized Nanotech.

Whatever battery you decide to buy make sure the battery connectors are compatible with the connectors on your PDB or power cord ("squid").

HobbyKing for better and/or worse has batteries available in both of its USA warehouses. You might find a better deal with HK.

Good luck with your build.

MrW: The battery you referenced the Nano 5000mAh weighs in at 409 grams. That's a pretty heavy battery, and it is rated for 35/70 (Burst) C. You would be better served with a battery in the 25/35C range. They are lighter and at this point I do not see the need for 70C battery with your setup as is.

I use Zippy Compact Batteries (3S 4000mAh 25/35C) and have no complaints so far. They weigh in at 286 grams. They are also cheaper than an equivalent sized Nanotech.

Whatever battery you decide to buy make sure the battery connectors are compatible with the connectors on your PDB or power cord ("squid").

HobbyKing for better and/or worse has batteries available in both of its USA warehouses. You might find a better deal with HK.

Good luck with your build.
okay last one like i said sorry to bug but i think this is the battery you are saying u use if not can you link it http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21360__ZIPPY_Compact_4000mAh_3S_25C_Lipo_Pack.html

jbrumberg

MrW: That is the battery that I use for my build. When I used my KK2.0 version 1.6 flight control board, my build weighed in at approximately 1500 grams AUW with 9X4.7" props, 1000kV motors, and 30A ESC's and with that battery I got ~8 minutes of mixed flight flighttimes.

Now with a NAZA M-Lite/GPS FC and with an AUW of +1850 grams, same motors and ESC's, and with 10X4.7" props I am getting ~5 minutes of active/mixed flight flighttimes with that battery.

I briefly looked at the build link that you referenced. They are recommending a 3S 3000mAh battery and 9X4.7" props.

eCalc is a performance predicting program that is fairly accurate and can give a builder an idea of flight performance and payload capacity based on the different components input into the eCalc program. It used to be free, but a subscription is pretty reasonable in cost. Playing around with different component mixes can give one an idea of how performance can change with different components.