1. pattersonimages

pattersonimages New Member

Using 2 x 2 axis brushless boards to control a 3 axis gimbal
    [HR][/HR]Sorry if I missed this. Have searched and found videos but no descriptions.. But does anyone have a schematic / photos on how to use 2x alexmos / martinez gimbal boards on a 3 axis system. I am confused on where/how to place the second IMU for the board controlling PAN..

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks

2. alexoki

alexoki Member

I'm in the same situation. Cant seem to find any solid info on the imu placement and x,y,z input settings either. Let us know if you get it sorted and I will do likewise.:nevreness:

3. multirotorxy8

multirotorxy8 New Member

I believe you use one IMU per board, mount them side by side under the camera platform. Tilt/Roll on one board, pan on the other.

4. pattersonimages

pattersonimages New Member

ok, thats where I am lost. why would the IMU for PAN be under the camera tray? wouldn't the imu need to be installed on the frame deflecting from the top handle/multirotor? the imu for pitch is under the camera - because its keeping the camera horizon/pitch properly situated. But the pan, its on a completely different axis than the camera tray.

i'd love to see a video/diagram. It seems to me the PAN IMU should be placed at a 90 deg angle/side of the gimbal tup tube to give offset to the board on pan movements?

5. multirotorxy8

multirotorxy8 New Member

The IMU has multiple gyroscopes, so all you have multiple axis covered without having to physically rotate the device. You want it placed under the camera near the lens because your pan is going to effect the rotation of the lens. If it is adjusting to somewhere else on the gimbal, then the results you see on camera will be less than optimal.

6. multirotorxy8

multirotorxy8 New Member

7. aopen3434@hotmail.com

aopen3434@hotmail.com http://offthegridwater.ca

picture046.jpg picture044.jpg

one sensor for Alexmos 2 for Martinez second sensor is mounted at 90 degrees to the cam tray sensor Martinez.

http://offthegridwater.ca

8. alexoki

alexoki Member

Could you post a better picture or explain a bit more. I do not see a second sensor mounted at 90degrees to the first sensor in either picture.

9. aopen3434@hotmail.com

aopen3434@hotmail.com http://offthegridwater.ca

10. alexoki

alexoki Member

I must be really stupid or you are a terrible photographer! (joking:nevreness:) but I still cant see a second IMU sensor, only the control board!