[URGENT] Need Help with DJI Phantom 2

PL Liew

Hi,

I have this issue with my DJI Phantom 2.
The quad will stop holding height and start dropping even I hold the throttle / never pull down the throttle.

how can I solve this issue ?

Thanks.

econfly

First guesses would be bad battery, too much weight, or manual flight mode.

Does it happen immediately after take off or later in flight? Are you flying the stock phantom 2 or do you have stuff attached to it? Can you confirm you are in ATTI or GPS flight mode?

PL Liew

I was flying with manual flight mode.

the phantom doesn't drop when it was hovering when I flied it with the DJI app (pre set the flight path).

it (DJI drop by itself) only happens when it is hovering and fly it manually.

econfly

If it only drops in manual mode that can be normal. With the self-centering throttle, manual mode is a little more difficult to fly. You likely will need to be constantly holding the throttle above center to maintain position (this just means the copter hovers a some throttle level above 50%). The ATTI and GPS mode are completely different with respect to throttle. They maintain altitude when the throttle is centering.

Yeah- happened to me the other day, I was in GPS mode - hovering 8 (2.5m) feet off of the ground and the unit just dropped even when throttle was applied. No possibility of VRS since I was stationary. Fortunately, I had a B rig with me. Had to send the unit back to DJI since the frame cracked and there was sand in the motors and gimbal motors. Battery was around 50% and was a fresh battery (less than 1 month old)

dzidris

Vortex ring....well known effect..... Many commercial choppers have fallen out of the sky because of this.....go research and read