The Flip Thread

Discussion in 'DJI General Discussions Forum' started by DesJardins, Sep 20, 2012.

1. DesJardins

DesJardins New Member

Share why your ditching the DJI motors... Here is my reason finally caught on tape after 4 prior random flips. I'm done with the DJI motors & bullet connectors.

T-motors MT-2212-16's (750Kv) are on their way!
    Also looking at the MT-2814 (770Kv)

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Jackella

Jackella New Member

bet that was annoying,it was flying so well.
    More than likely a poorly insulated motor winding,works fine when cold and when warmed up will short circuit and voila.
    seen this a few times recently,poor quality control on the motors.

3. skipper1

skipper1 Member

That's not good. I see why you would want Tiger Motors.

4. DesJardins

DesJardins New Member

Yup, after the first few times it went away with a new motor and 20 flights or so later... BAM AGAIN.

I'm loading another video that shows how high I was just minutes before, it shows how luck I am it happened after my high flying.

5. kloner

kloner Aerial DP

i had a 330 i moved my 2215's to but i tried the rctimer 18 amp esc's........ mid flight if you did anything but hover it did the same thing. That was cured by a new esc.......

6. skipper1

skipper1 Member

I think I'm ready to get some Tiger motors for my F450. This may be a dumb question, but I'm trying to learn from the experts. Will the DJI 30A ESC's work well with the Tiger's or do I need to consider a different ESC?

7. DennyR

DennyR New Member

With all of the Flip of Death analysis going on at the moment it does seem to point towards ESC problems as the main cause.

8. DesJardins

DesJardins New Member

I haven't received them yet but should be good based on them being tested with a 30amp ESC on the specs page.

I verified the first was a bad motor not an ESC, second flip I swapped the 2nd flipping side motor to a different arm and flip happened on the new side. My results show horrible motors

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 21, 2012
  9. skipper1

skipper1 Member

Thanks, Des. Since you have motors on the way, I'm holding off to see how it works for you. If I need new ESC's, I'd like to get everything at the same time.

10. DesJardins

DesJardins New Member

Anytime!
    I'll report as soon as I get them, I'm just crossing my fingers so I can toss on my FPV gear finally