Starting My Build: Wiring Confirmation for Naza/OPTO ESC/Rx/FPV

boba7523

Hi Guys!

So after extensive research day and night, I've finally picked out my parts for my Tarot 680 Pro build!

I will be using Hobby Wing Platinum 30A OPTO ESC and Naza V2 and have a question about wiring schematics.

From what I understand, OPTO ESC has no built in BEC, which means I'd have to get an UBEC to power up my receiver.

I was speaking with another forum member who has been very helpful, and he told me that the Naza V2 has its own built-in BEC, which means I didn't need to get an external UBEC, I can just power the receiver by using the Naza's BEC. Is this correct or did I misunderstand his words?

Also, for my FPV equip, could I also power those off of Naza's BEC?

So basically, the power schematics would look like this...

Battery --> OPTO ESC --> Motor
Battery --> Naza V2 BEC --> Receiver
Battery --> Naza V2 BEC --> FPV equip

Thanks so much guys!

Boba, building the same rig here. 680 / Tarot 6004 / DJI 30a ESC / Naza M V2 / JR921.

The naza will power the receiver. so your first two assumption are correct. I wouldn't use the power from the naza to power the FPV. Your talking about multiple amps. I'm using a seperate 3S lipo with a 5vdc and 12vdc regulators to power gimbal / Video TX / GoPro. Lots of reasons for this with very little downsides outside of weight. Most importantly it gives you system separation.

Still a MR noob here, but I've been flying fixed wing and rotory for 10 years now. And I'm a huge nerd.

W