Show what you filmed

Discussion in 'AP/AV General Discussion' started by Droider, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Droider

Droider Active Member

Ok.. I am going to start a thread for videos shot from your AP.. Not first flight or test videos but something that u may use for work or as an example of APV. After a disastrous start to the weekends filming I rebuilt my ADX3 and got out in the last light of the day yesterday and got this..

The weather here this morning was rain and high winds.. But by the end of the day the wind droped and Igot out and flimed the same flight twice. One with a Lumix TZ10 and one with a GoPro HD.. I will post the edit when I have done it.. In the mean time lets see your creative footage

Dave

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 22, 2014
  2. Droider

Droider Active Member

Come on boys lets be havin u!

Dave

3. RTRyder

RTRyder Merlin of Multirotors

As soon as I can get out someplace to fly and have a view other than my driveway or backyard, I'll put something here for everyone to see. For now, here's an FPV test flight I did on Christmas day with the Hoverfly Quad. Video quality isn't the greatest as this was recorded off the FPV cam downlink...

Here's another interesting FPV flight that didn't go so well...

If you notice from the OSD the Hoverfly was at roughly 160 feet in altitude when it all went wrong and all that happened was one broken off arm and another severly tweaked on the old Jakub frame, everything else was fine after I got the snow out of it and dried everything off. Was also an interesting perspective as I had the goggles on and got to see it from the quad point of view, felt a bit dizzy by the time it was over...;)

4. Droider

Droider Active Member

How come I keep missing your posts Ken:confused:

Been out this morning.. really windy but got some nice ones of the local golfers 'spoiling a good walk' (Wainwright quote!)

Hopefully out this evening if the wind drop.

[​IMG]

5. CopterCam

CopterCam New Member

Keeping with the Golfing theme.......here is one from my local Links captured by my trusty stock Gopro, not that you couldn't tell..........the curved horizon is a giveaway.

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2011
  6. Droider

Droider Active Member

GREAT light.. was that yesterday? I think I got everyone beat on golf courses. We have loads within a 10 mile radius of my house. including Royal Birkdale and St Annes. I have three within two miles. I also know the captains of four of them so I want them to let me have a ride on a golf buggy while they drive and I fly!

Ill keep you posted as the lighter nights are coming!

7. Droider

Droider Active Member

How have you go that pic? as a screen grab? My GoPro when in photo mode is stupidly distorted... :confused:

8. CopterCam

CopterCam New Member

The 'Golf Shot' was from a few days ago and here is another from our snowfall at Christmas.

These are in Photo mode at 2 secs. I get a lot of keepers from this mode when I eyeball the composition with the aid of my rear mounted 'Orientation Ball'. I hover in position and let the GoPro HD do its job, I don't have a stabilized mount...its just hard mounted to two Alu. rails.[​IMG]

9. Droider

Droider Active Member

Nice... AGAIN amazing light.... But when I shot in photo mode it was stupidly wide.. have you got the lens mod or are you correcting the image some how

I wish I had had my Nex5 back in the snow so these were hiRes :(

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. walkerinerie

walkerinerie New Member

Love your video! Looks like you've been doing this a while. I'm trying to move from my static blimp aerial photo platform to a quadcopter. I'm presently playing around with an x650. Can you tell me, are you looking at a video screen or through video glasses while you're flying or what. Is the camera static or can you control tilt, etc..? Your 'footer' credentials look like you've tried quite a few cameras - I was thinking the Sony Nex-5 would be interesting with it's sweep panorama mode.
    Thanks for any insight!!
    Walker in Erie