setting up a Boscam transmitter & receiver

diverdan

Just received a Boscam transmitter and receiver.
http://www.uavshop.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=88

Followed the instruction carefully. But can't get a picture. All I get is a fuzzy screen. There is some faint signal appearing on the screen. I have changed the channels, but that didn't work.
The battery i am using is a 11.4 lipo, and 7.6v battery.
Getting voltage from the camera camera video out and the receiver.

Dan

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Dan, most important part is how you made the connection between the camera Videosignal and your Video transmitter, can you post a picture are you sure all the wires are correct ?

Had that once were I soldered a 3.5mm plug for a gopro output and mixed up ground with the video signal only got fuzzy screen and a faint signal, took me hours to figure out, switch them and it worked.

Boris

diverdan

I have checked the wires over and over, but can't get my head around this simple problem:upset:
I will also try a new plug next.

BorisS

Drone Enthusiast
Hi Dan,

I guys you are trying to connect the transmitter over a plug like this to your Camera.

View attachment 3542

Take a spare plug stick it into the camera, hook up some chinch cables to your TV setup or monitor some output were the TX is not in the game.
Keep the plug bare dont solder anything on and test with the others ends of the chinch cable to find the right connectors on the plug.

With your CAm to monitor connection is correct and works. Than have a look at the connection the the Video TX could it be that you mixed up some plugs there. Again leave the bare plug
in the camrea and stick the different wires coming from your TX to the plug and see if you get a signal. Most important you know video and GND switch them and test.

If its sill not working hook up a cables and to what you think it correct and start trouble shooting the trans and receiver.

I was after we skyped hooking up a 2.4 ghz system and going nuts because it also didnt work. Than i noticed that the plug to the 2.4 ghz lawmate receveir video in was pushed in all the way. Before i only got silhouettes from the gopro

Boris

Attachments

• av_stecker-large.jpg
    av_stecker-large.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 259