s800 motor dropping out

Dwaller

Hey guys, I'm new here - hoping to find some insight on my issue. I have a s800 that has almost all the evo upgrades - still using the wookong FC. Recently I have had a motor either slow down or drop out and then regain its self. Not sure if its the ESC or poor arm connection. In flight I hear motor one make the squeak noise and it drops. It almost always gains its self back, but a few times I just bring the bird down in fear. In this video you can see what I am talking about at 23sec, 45sec and 53sec. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Check your WKM, there was a video showing that some of the WKM's on the I/O box, on the Motor output side, the internal soldering was missing a pole. The hole is tight enough that it allows a signal, but when vibration happens it becomes hap hazard.

hjls3

Im sorry I can't watch the video at the moment - however, having dealt with s800 for couple years I believe Ive seen what you are describing - Sleepy is right on the mark with one possible scenario - in my case I had similar issue and it turned out to be wiring ESC - so do you have the EVO esc with actual wires and not the copper? one thing you could do pretty easy (assuming its the same motor each time)- swap the arm with another arm and see if problem follows arm, if so, you know its not WKM - but instead something on arm. Id do that test with 800 strapped too ground somehow.

Dwaller

one thing you could do pretty easy (assuming its the same motor each time)- swap the arm with another arm and see if problem follows arm, if so, you know its not WKM - but instead something on arm. Id do that test with 800 strapped too ground somehow.
Thanks @hjls3 ! Great idea! After that I will check out your idea @SleepyC ! You guys rock... been to so many forums only to be pushed aside. This looks like a great community! Much appreciated!