Q500 Typhoon Altitude issue

Old Man

I have not heard of anyone changing the limits. However, you might try reading the instructions;)

Hugo Stiglitz

actually I did read the instructions, and it does not mention it, why would you think I didnt?
I heard through the grape vine that it is possible to bypass the height restrictions,, if you cant, you cant, no problem,
just wanted to take some high altitude footage with it. Ill use the Phantom ,

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
how high are you talking about and have you considered the consequences that the rest of us will all have to deal with if you get caught or end up hurting someone? as a community of users we respect the 400' limit until such time that the FAA issues new guidance.

Hugo Stiglitz

with all due respect, I didnt come to this forum for a morality check,,, but it seems to me your going to be confrontational, so Ill bite,, not that I have to explain myself to you or anybody else,
I own property here in florida and would like to fly over it and I decide how high, ,,,
if you dont like it, remove me from this forum, and call it a day, if not address the question and be done with it,,, I didnt know I was coming to this forum to be judged about what I do on my own property by people like you. I m a grown man and know right from wrong. I dont need these rules to understand what I can do or not on my own property. And yes most people do abuse the rules , but they should only apply to others properties or public areas.
NOT PRIVATE PROPERY
You know what I already have a bad taste in my mouth with this forum, and Im out,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and Ill make sure to tell all my friends here the same,,,
this hobby is suppose to be fun,, not frustrating,,, like you've made it,
regards and best wishes to you all, Im gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Last edited by a moderator:

Old Man

I don't have a Yuneec but it took me 3 minutes to Google their home website where the ad for the 500 tells where you can adjust the altitude limit. There is also reference to this in the user manual, which you said, and perhaps misspoke, that you read. It took another 4 minutes to find that reference.

A word of caution though, I have a couple friends that do have 500's and they both say the range is short for them unless you orient the transmitter just right at all times. Yuneec is clearly doing what they can to limit their product liability by restricting users to safe and sensible range limits.

Society seems to function on an 80/20 rule where 80% of the people will operate within the rules or do the safe thing while 20% will not. Hard limits are not necessary for the 80% but have proven to be necessary for the remaining 20%. Guess which group you fit in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maxwelltub

this forum is extremely helpful and welcoming. You do not own the airspace 500 ft above your property. The reason we asked is because people with this attitude are bringing the hammer down from the FAA on the rest of us.

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
with all due respect, I didnt come to this forum for a morality check,,, but it seems to me your going to be confrontational, so Ill bite,, not that I have to explain myself to you or anybody else,
I own property here in florida and would like to fly over it and I decide how high, ,,,
if you dont like it, remove me from this forum, and call it a day, if not address the question and be done with it,,, I didnt know I was coming to this forum to be judged about what I do on my own property by people like you. I m a grown man and know right from wrong. I dont need these rules to understand what I can do or not on my own property. And yes most people do abuse the rules , but they should only apply to others properties or public areas.
NOT PRIVATE PROPERY
You know what I already have a bad taste in my mouth with this forum, and Im out,,,,,,,,,,,,,
and Ill make sure to tell all my friends here the same,,,
this hobby is suppose to be fun,, not frustrating,,, like you've made it,
regards and best wishes to you all, Im gone,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

and in one post you've demonstrated exactly what the rest of society knows is wrong about the boom in "drone" sales. uneducated masses that don't wish to employ common sense think they can do whatever they'd like just because they ponied up $500 or so to buy an RC helicopter. i see you're in the IT business, suppose everyone in your business did whatever they liked? suppose there weren't penalties for spamming and hacking each other? what would your business be like if your servers were constantly being overrun by malicious code?

there have to be rules in order for everyone to enjoy the benefits. if you can't conduct yourself according to common sense rules then please don't participate.