Problems with Naza or GPS.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
After pluging in the battery, the VU flashes orange and then red, or orange then three red flashes. It does this in all three modes. I would expect that the orange would change to green in GPS mode and stay red in Manual mode, but it does not change. I do not believe it is getting a sattelite lock, when I put it in GPS mode it is all over the sky. Also when switching from atti to GPS the MR drops, and I need to give it additional throttle to hover.

I cannot calibrate the compass. I get it into calibration mode just fine, do the calibration dance and then get flashing red at the end indicating it did not take. I checked the IMU calibration and it is good.

I have adjusted for magnetic declination. All settings in the assistant look good, and all switches are doing what they are supposed to do.

It had a very hard landing, landed right side up. I rebuilt it and took it down to the local park and flew the crap out of it. GPS held. Since then I have had neck surgery and the quad has been shelved for last two months.

I was flying in my yard to day when all of the above conditions exhibited themselves. We now have a roof full of solar panels, wondering if that could be causing the problem or is my Naza or GPS toast?

Quad is a DJIF450, DJI ESC, Naza with GPS, Motors are T-Motors 2216-12 900 KV,

You mount the gps facing the front to the front
The end where the wire is must be in the same direction as the front of the quad

Gr.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Agree, naza is pointing to the front and the gps is pointing to the front less 5 degrees for declination. I am not sure which way the gps is pointed would prevent satellite lock, or cause the other conditions described above.

LeeT

Wannabe AP Dude
Yes, I have been flying this for almost a year. This problem started yesterday after a few successful flights 10 weeks ago. The quad has sat on the shelfl between now and then.