Phantom Vision

DennyR

CG is a class act - that guy is sharp. He could have been a double glazing salesman or a cell phone dealer

Last edited by a moderator:

Burntpixel

The interviewer is horrible.

I know! Seem,s as if any person with a camera THINKS he is either a cameraman or a correspondent with an ability to ask pertinent information .Yes the interview was bad. The opening where CG said DJI did not send the "Holder" that mounts a cell phone on the TX pretty much set the tone for the rest of the interview. Companies that roll out products in advance need to GET the products currently on the market (DJI) to work properly first!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I like how the cameraman/interviewer could not understand that the TX was 5.8 and the rig was 2.4. OMG that is sooooo confusing. I wanted to reach into the screen and shake the guy.

I'm not a fan or a hater of DJI just kind of indifferent, but that unit does look pretty cool. And at the same time, I can see a ton of morons running around with their iPhones flying all over and ruining things for the rest of us.
Oh well, until we can fine people for stupidity there is no solution. :D

Tahoe Ed

I watched the entire video, including Colin flying over several persons that instinctively ducked. I am sorry but I don't agree with that type of flying. The features are awesome. My question is why wasn't the larger battery compartment included in the original Phantom? A 450 or 550 Phantom would accommodate the Zen H3-2D along with the GIU and PMU. I think that an iOSD might even fit, but not on the Phantom as it currently exists are possible.

Burntpixel

I watched the entire video, including Colin flying over several persons that instinctively ducked. I am sorry but I don't agree with that type of flying. The features are awesome. My question is why wasn't the larger battery compartment included in the original Phantom? A 450 or 550 Phantom would accommodate the Zen H3-2D along with the GIU and PMU. I think that an iOSD might even fit, but not on the Phantom as it currently exists are possible.

I too noticed the lack of personal control Colin used while caught up in the moment. Here you have the main DJI rep in the USA flying a quad over peoples heads in a public space. I,m not trying to take Colin to task here,but the UAV community is already under scrutiny.You would think he would have used better judgement. It only takes one small bad public accident to tarnish the rest of the hobbyists community.

sixshooterstang

Bird's Eyes Aerial Media
I still think the use of 5.8ghz for control is a mistake. higher frequencies do not do well in closer proximity with objects and if you go behind a large enough object it will lose signal