Need help on setting DJI NAZA GPS with Spektrum DX8

Discussion in 'DJI General Discussions Forum' started by bigmac, Nov 12, 2012.

1. bigmac

bigmac New Member

Hi,

I am new here, i just bought the DJI F550 with DJI NAZA + GPS & Spektrum DX8.

I have try to find the youtube or instruction to show how to setting above set, i could't find the detail to setup, can anyone here to help me?:ambivalence:

2. Jim in Massachusetts

Jim in Massachusetts New Member

3. glacier51

glacier51 New Member

bigmac:

Send me a PM from your personal email and I'll send you my setup files specific for the F550 and DX8.

As Jim says, you will also need those files from DJI as well.

Ron

4. bigmac

bigmac New Member

Hi Jim,

Thanks for your link, both had download.

5. Search49

Search49 Search49

Maybe we need to create a thread or file area for setup files. I've noticed alot of people are always looking for them. I have downloaded a few here and there just to see how the setting was done on my Spektrum Dx8 and have learned alot from them. Just a thought!

6. bigmac

bigmac New Member

Good Idea!

Btw, can you share your setting with F550 & WKM ? I may plan to install WKM too.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 13, 2012
  7. Michael

Michael New Member

Hello I am Michael a new and a complete amateur here I have a 450 with Naza and GPS along with a DX 8 and am in a mess Some people say to connect the gear channel and some say not ie X2 to Aux 2 U to Aux 1 I am in such a mess which way is correct ? I want to set up so that I can use flap switch to get GPS Fail Safe and Attitude and Aux 2 switch to Home Lock Course lock and off but it never gets there fail safe is never steady always on and off Any assistance PLEASE

8. glacier51

glacier51 New Member

Hey Michael:

Send me a PM with a private email address and I'll send you my setup files for NAZA-GPS / DX8. I'm flying a F550 frame, so you'll need to remember to change that setting in the DJI Assistant to reflect you having a F450.

Ron

9. Michael

Michael New Member

Hello Ron Sorry I do not know what a PM is I am really new to Forums But you did send this message top my email Regards Michael

10. repodog

repodog New Member

pm = private message.

Good luck Michael, I was new to 450, naza and gps with dx8 myself a few months ago. Read DX8 manuals, Naza and GPS manuals and with everyone's help, you should have no problems. There are also a lot of videos on youtube. TAKE YOUR TIME. You may also want to visit http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536553. Lots of great information in this one thread, particularly the first one with great links about everything you need to know. (Sorry for reference to another forum, but many questions answered on first page of thread).

I also use different colored heat shrink (buy cheap at hobby king or any electronic supply store) to color code my switches for atti, manual, gps (BLACK); failafe (RED), home/course lock (Yellow) that way if my fingers fumble, i quickly can see the correct switches.

Failsafe is the trickiest and most important to set up. Note you have to set up Naza for failsafe and ALSO set up the DX8 for failsafe. See manuals and links.