Need help on setting DJI NAZA GPS with Spektrum DX8

bigmac

Hi,

I am new here, i just bought the DJI F550 with DJI NAZA + GPS & Spektrum DX8.

I have try to find the youtube or instruction to show how to setting above set, i could't find the detail to setup, can anyone here to help me?:ambivalence:

glacier51

bigmac:

Send me a PM from your personal email and I'll send you my setup files specific for the F550 and DX8.

As Jim says, you will also need those files from DJI as well.

Ron

Search49

Search49
Maybe we need to create a thread or file area for setup files. I've noticed alot of people are always looking for them. I have downloaded a few here and there just to see how the setting was done on my Spektrum Dx8 and have learned alot from them. Just a thought!

bigmac

Good Idea!

Btw, can you share your setting with F550 & WKM ? I may plan to install WKM too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael

Hello I am Michael a new and a complete amateur here I have a 450 with Naza and GPS along with a DX 8 and am in a mess Some people say to connect the gear channel and some say not ie X2 to Aux 2 U to Aux 1 I am in such a mess which way is correct ? I want to set up so that I can use flap switch to get GPS Fail Safe and Attitude and Aux 2 switch to Home Lock Course lock and off but it never gets there fail safe is never steady always on and off Any assistance PLEASE

glacier51

Hey Michael:

Send me a PM with a private email address and I'll send you my setup files for NAZA-GPS / DX8. I'm flying a F550 frame, so you'll need to remember to change that setting in the DJI Assistant to reflect you having a F450.

Ron

Michael

Hello Ron Sorry I do not know what a PM is I am really new to Forums But you did send this message top my email Regards Michael

repodog

pm = private message.

Good luck Michael, I was new to 450, naza and gps with dx8 myself a few months ago. Read DX8 manuals, Naza and GPS manuals and with everyone's help, you should have no problems. There are also a lot of videos on youtube. TAKE YOUR TIME. You may also want to visit http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1536553. Lots of great information in this one thread, particularly the first one with great links about everything you need to know. (Sorry for reference to another forum, but many questions answered on first page of thread).

I also use different colored heat shrink (buy cheap at hobby king or any electronic supply store) to color code my switches for atti, manual, gps (BLACK); failafe (RED), home/course lock (Yellow) that way if my fingers fumble, i quickly can see the correct switches.

Failsafe is the trickiest and most important to set up. Note you have to set up Naza for failsafe and ALSO set up the DX8 for failsafe. See manuals and links.

Mori55

I really think a download section for the DX8 or whatever setup would be great. I was lucky enough to find a download for F450 naza gps. I spent four days trying to setup without it. Got the download and everything was perfect. All switches assigned .

Michael

Hello Mori55 If you found a set up download for the 450 DJI GPS with DX8 set up where do I find it I am new to forums and didnt even know what a thread was still not sure if I am getting things right Michael

Michael

Hello what confuses me is how do I know if my DX8 has failsafe preset and if if has where do i find it or how do I set it also on that set up it is set up as Helicopter and everyone else says it should be airplane what are the advantages of heli over plane Michael

Rehost

The fail safe is setup as per your manual of the DX8. Setup the "Preset Failsafe" (put in the bind plug, power on receiver, remove plug, set throttle to more than 10% on radio as well as Failsafe switch, power on radio in Bind mode)

To test it, open up DJI assistant and power off radio. Failsafe settings should set themselves automatically.

In terms of heli vs plane mode, not much of a difference for us new guys. The copter is easy to fly and stable in both modes. Perhaps someone else could elaborate the differences.

Have fun!
Dan

Chalagi

Well from what I have seen and read I think a setup thread from Spektrum DX6i and up would be extremely helpful

Michael

Hello i am completely lost here in this forum ......... maybe at 80 im just too old I am sure that My set up is wrongly wired to the AR 8000 I have X2 to Aux 2 U to Aux 1 should I be connected to the Gear channel So what happens now ...... Aux 2 has Fails Safe 2 Attitude 1 GPS 0 and Flap Gyro Home lock course Lock and Off ....... I think it should be the other way around and I dont know how to get it there