MultiWii / NAZE / SP Racing F3 MultiWii config program

I downloaded the config program from, unzipped the package

http://code.google.com/p/multiwii/downloads/detail?name=MultiWii_1_9.zip&can=2&q=

unzipped the package, click on the MultiWii config program and it return an error that can't find javaw.exe

That files is located in arduino-1.0.1\java\bin

Is there a file structure these programs expect to be located? Looks like the config program is calling for javaw.exe and don't see it where it thinks it should be.

Thanks for your time

Silas

mailman35

if it is a java applet, then java should be installed on the box. or otherwise referenced in the system path.
also ive heard that if you can you are better off upgrading the board to v2.0 code as it has alot of fixes that the 1.9 doesnt.
there is a big thread over on rcg.

Java is already in the box... when starting the config program, it ask for javaw.exe.

I try to run javaw.exe first, no luck either. Until I get this working, I can config the unit.

I tired V1.9 with 1.0.1 and V2.0 with 1.0. If I read correctly, I shouldn't have to have arduino s/w runing before I start the config s/w. I tried them on first, it doesn't matter and still get the error. I must be missing a step somewhere. There is no install files after the download that I can see, Only exec files.

s

mailman35

i was able to get mine to finially load.
reloaded newest java, downloaded the arundo program from google. (take care of doing the proper defines in config.h)

uploaded the newest 2.0 multiwii code to the board(cirus multiwii se)
did some searching and it seems the multiwiiconf 64bit wont run, more then likely due to the fact that java is running at 32bit not 64.
but in the end i was able to get the config to open. :)

mailman35

no you should be able to run it under win7 64 w/o having to worry about a 32bit os.
i assume that you can see the comport under dev manager in windows? if not then you need to install the driver for it.

and it might help to check for stuck processes of javaw.exe in taskman.

Last edited by a moderator:

mailman35

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
dowload what ever version you need, then select the right comport in it, as well as the proper board version, open the code in the multiwii directory, uncomment some lines in the config.h, verify and compile then upload and it should be good to start working.

kad

Quad Crasher
The 32 bit version runs just fine on my Win 7 64 bit machine (although the 64 bit version will not run at all).

-K

I done all that, when I click on arduino, nothing appears. I loaded the s/w to a XP machine and it works just fine. Able the upgrade to 2.0 without any problems. Drives me NUTs with Win7..

Olympian

I have same issue as little nellie

cannot run any versions of multiwii config on my windows 7 computer.

have uninstalled java and re-installed java... confirmed that path to javaw.exe is correct...

still no joy!

Any other ideas to fix this???

ericchowmini

hi all master in multirotor, i just bought the MWC multiwii 2.0 but no idea how to configure it, so my r450 totally can fly, i had assembled all the frame, when i connnect the battery will hear the ti ti sound, the rest i just research only, but still very blur, any please help me, thanks master