Led bicycle lights....

Stratifier

I am pretty sure the topic has already been discussed, but I can't see it. I am trying to find an effective, easy to implement solution to potential orientation problems... I fly a S900, my cam op is not much concerned about keeping the camera looking forward, causing sometimes some confusion... I just installed some reflective tape on the front arms, but I believe a bright white leds system would definitely help, specially when the copter is a bit far... I've been looking at bike led lights, lightweight, own energy... Any suggestions?
Thanks.
S.

RCJardin

Not so new and improving
I solved it with Braincube LEDs. Not the cheapest but can be seen at a great distance easily. I have red and green on the left and right along with a strobe white on the rear and a solid white on the front. Orientation problems now gone apart from the odd relapse. If confusion comes into play then I know if I see red, green, and white then it is coming towards me or if it is just a white strobe then it is going forward. The kit is about £85.

MadMonkey

Bane of G10
I use inexpensive LED strips, white on the front, red on the back.

Unfortunately we were so busy on this set we didn't get any good pics, but someone managed to snap one and send it to us...

image.php

I've heard that strobes have the potential to cause interference but I don't know if it's true or not. I avoid using them regardless.

Stratifier

Knog Blinder 1 installed. I attached 4 of them actually, 2 per leg, white facing forward, red facing backwards. Very easy to install, they look like they've been designed for it!
Not ultrabright at all in daylight, but enough to find out where is what. Quite satisfied then. I also wrapped the front arms with red reflective tape, and this makes a huge difference.
Getting there...