How would the DJI Ronin mount to a Multi Rotor?

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I thought it would be a direct mount to the S1000? Just clip on and go. At least that's what I heard from a bloke down the pub...

ZAxis

I thought it would be a direct mount to the S1000? Just clip on and go. At least that's what I heard from a bloke down the pub...

Based on the statement from DJI at 1 min 24 seconds ...

but do we believe everything DJI say ????

Man in the pub's dad

Last edited by a moderator:

I saw this video and then called my so cal retailer and they said that its too heavy. They had the Ronin for a while at NAB filming with it. Also, the Ronin is a Zenmuse killer!! Imagine being able to put just about any camera and any lens on?? Who would buy a Zenmuse??

If they can have the technology to auto-balance like the Ronin has and make a smaller version.... I think the zenmuse we know of today will go away.

Tahoe Ed

There is an adaptor for the S1000. Unfortunately the proper parts did not arrive from China to the show. I don't think that an Epic Red was part of the plan. D5 with various lenses would work in my opinion.

Skyhook

Ronin on Skyjib 8

Is there any more news on this?

We have a heavy lift Skyjib 8, which i'd like to use with the Ronin. Not sure what the lifting capacity is on the S1000, but I'd imagine it is a fair amount less than our Skyjib 8 with AXI 4120-20 motors.
I'm aware the Ronin comes in at around 4kg (in comparison to 2kg for our Cinestar), but this includes all the handles etc. for the handheld setup, so i imagine it would be around 3kg in flight mode.

In terms of actual fittings, I need to have more confidence this is possible before shelling out and joining one of many European distributors' waiting lists!

In their marketing info they talk about being able to fit to 3rd party mounts. I need them to expand on this really!

Any distributors reading this - with one sat in front of you, can you shed some light on the matter?

many thanks
Chris

Carapau

Tek care, lambs ont road, MRF Moderator
Knowing the weight of a Skyjib with Axi 4120-20s, adding a Ronin and then a Red would give you a flight time of about 4 mins tops I reckon. Bear in mind that the weight of the Ronin might be including the handlebars but in airborne mode you will need to add legs/retracts. Not sure if it will fit under Droidworx retracts either at this stage.

By the way I don't think it has auto balance, I think it is auto tune, just like the Movi has.

Mike Fortin

I've seen the Kopterworx has the Ronin on a copter. I'm interested to see how they mounted it. The downside of the Ronin in the air is that it's only able to rotate 90 degrees so yawing the copter is a must if you are going to get some shots.

Lanzar

Well i see you have linked our video. Tnx for this.
[MENTION=5886]Mike Fortin[/MENTION] 90 deg???? , well ours does 360

Othervise it fits nicely on our new kopter. HAMMER X12 - only 2 exist and one is made for RED EPIC 3D rig and one in our shop. Well with some skills it is easy to rig it. The main thing will be to have 8kg dampening system also.
This is something that for standard frames it will be a problem.

Last edited by a moderator: