How to (re) calibrate DJI 30A OPTO ESC's ?

lorbass

At the beginning of the takeoff my F550 wants to flip backwards (15°). Just in the air it stabilize and hoover with sticks in center position.
During the flight everything is OK.

I assume that one of the ESC's is not calibrated well. The motors are already changed.

Other brands of ESC's have to be calibrated. Is this also possible for the DJI 30A OPTO ESC's and how is the procedure?

kloner

Aerial DP
I believe there a fixed calibration type that doesn't need it. is your naza calibrated right? if there is throttle trim on the throttle stick, make sure it is centered and when you calibrate it, move the screen to show where the throttle stick is and when it is at 50% so when you click finish, the throttle is there. super important

lorbass

Thanks kloner,
In the NAZA Tool everything is OK. Sticks in the center, no trim. Effect was to see from beginning.
This needs more space when starting especially from my legs.
Picture right with no power, left before takeoff (tilt direction camera.

View attachment 5204

Attachments

• Start mit Kippen.jpg
    Start mit Kippen.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 491

lorbass

Sorry, I forget to mention this item. Without camera, the center of gravity is in the center. With OptionPro Camera a little bit to the front. But not different in tilting.
And sometimes (verry rare), I'am chocked then, he starts exacly vertical. Verry nice to see that, an so I try to finde the fault.

But in the beginning I used the original F550 (without landing gear, camera, GPS, FPV, ...)
And even there this effect was to see. For the first fligth I corrected this tilting, to much, and made a flip on bottom.
Now I give a hit wiht power and up in the air. There (50 cm) with now contact to the bottem he stabilize without any correction.
As if the electronic (sensors) feels the problem and correct it.
I tried to mesure the revolutions on ground in order to see if there are diffferencies between motors. But difficult with contactless IR Instrument and the revolutions are not constant, even in Manual mode.
Therefore the idea before changing the ESC to see if it could be recalibrated. (No soldering)

kloner

Aerial DP
try this, start your motors in manual mode and before it lifts off, flip it to atti. be careful, manula mode depending on your gain settings may or may not be stable.

what are your gains set to?

lorbass

Thank you kloner,
Thats an Idea. I will test it. I'm aware off the "danger" because I started once and the switch was "wrong" and I had hard to work until the copter was on ground again with no damage.

kloner

Aerial DP
everybody here talks about taking off in atti. everytime i've tried it's a mess. when i take off, it's in manual and flip to atti after she clears the ground, she flies like a dream. dunno what 2 of these nazas have wrong, but that's the only way mine work.

but i get the new guys not understanding it. i've got thousands of hours with single rotor under my belt so it's not that big a deal

Last edited by a moderator:

lorbass

Hi kloner,
Your explication seems to make sense. On ground the stabilisation algorithm can't work correct because disturbed and clear from ground it does the job.
I'm verry interested how it works. At the moment to muchs wind for tests.
By the way: In Europe 25 mW TX is allowed. :-(