UPDATED!: Gremsy gStabi H6 initial Thoughts & Handheld Test (Video)

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok guys, I just tossed this together tonight, just a quick video to give my initial thoughts on the Gremsy gStabi H6. No big lighting, not a lot of camera set up.. just a quick video shoot and edit...

SO my initial initial impressions of the gimbal!

Handheld Test 1

Ok guys, I apologize for the limited flight envelope, the wind was high enough that it was straight up uncomfortable to fly. Also the FC tune was not good for wind so combined it was kind of scary...
Anyway, the H6 did really well! Can't wait to get it on 2 man with the Connex and really see what it can do.:D

Last edited by a moderator:

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
A) thanks so much for posting this.

B) stop apologizing for doing a quick overview! :)

Seriously, there are more than a few people looking forward to this review - so we appreciate you getting the ball rolling. Looks like it could be a great option, as long as the performance tests pan out. BTW, I don't think the standard (non-review) H6 includes the case. But it seems like a nice option for protection.

Thanks Steve!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Just an update. I have not been sleeping on the H6, just working with it. Just updated the Firmware and got the new GUI, and I'm still having some issue with the auto tune and tuning in general. The auto tune has been giving me CRAZY numbers that are different each time I use it. BUT... I'm not blaming the unit yet, as the instructions are not amazing (that I could find) so I have an email into Gremsy to see if there are some starting parameters you must start with or if I am doing something wrong!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Have you looked on the Facebook page to see if there are starting parameters? I know I saw some for the H14 a while back. Maybe people have posted some for the H6 since its started shipping?

Good luck!

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
very nice that it includes the hard case. for what it's worth, Gremsy has been very helpful about getting us the gimbal for the review and they've been very responsive about answering questions and supporting Steve's progress. in other words, they've been great to work with and they definitely have their heads in the game!

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
Ok got a decent tune on the H6 tonight. Going to do some hand held testing tomorrow and see how that goes. Also since I blew up my X8 (Bad ESC... ever see the red smoke and fire? NOT FUN) I rebuilt my Cinestar 6 and she is ready to go for the Gremsy as well. So hopefully in the next few days I'll get the handheld and the flying tests started!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
I think I mentioned it before - but so people know for reference, the hard case is not included with the H6. It's an additional $200. It's a nice touch though, and comes included with the H14.

@SleepyC , what turned out to be the issue with the auto-tune numbers?

SleepyC

www.AirHeadMedia.com
I think I mentioned it before - but so people know fkr reference, the hard case is not included with the H6. It's an additional $200. It's a nice touch though, and comes included with the H14.

@SleepyC , what turned out to be the issue with the auto-tune numbers?

Well I'm not sure. I ran down the "do it again" procedures meaning I re-updated the firmware, re-downloaded the Mac GUI, and RE-calibrated everything a few times. Then started to run the AutoTune. The numbers are much better now and the unit seems to be performing well. Each auto tune is still slightly different, but what I am finding is if you do the auto tune 10 times (only takes about 30 seconds) and take the average of the numbers (for instance Tilt 10 times produced (5) 15's (2) 17's (2) 18 (1) 19 - I manually set the tilt to 16 (average) and it seems pretty darn good.

And I looked last night and yea, I see the case is extra now, still a pretty good bargain and useful!

Since I had an ESC explode on my X8 (Sucked, as that rig was looking to be super efficient) I rebuilt my "Cinestar" 6 last night with some Tarot retracts and a SuperX. Came together nice! And it's light! All set for the H6. I may have to tune the damper a bit as it seems a bit wiggly, but I guess I'll fly it first.

So today I want to try a few handheld tests, get the Cinestar up with 6.3lbs under her to simulate the Gremsy/GH3/4 and batt and if that goes well get the H6 flying in the next day or so!

View attachment 24836

Also, credit goes out to Gremsy, they are very responsive to questions and are willing to assist. This is a nice touch. One of the tech's recommended me the following numbers to try as well for a GH4/3
They are a bit stiffer than what the autotune yielded, but that might be better for being in the air.

I think with your camera setup, the stiffness setting should be around:
T: 30-35, R:50: P:70
Gyro filter :1 or 2 (in IMU tab)
Output filter: 3 (in IMU tab)​

I also have to set up the 2nd radio and plug it into the sBUS port on the back of the H6, 2 MAN baby!

AND, finally I'll be testing my Connex system with this rig, so it will be a nice 2 in one review!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-05-28 at 8.20.08 AM.png
    441.4 KB · Views: 432

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Looking forward to this! I have read a lot about the tech support (mentions of Skype calls at all hours, despite the time difference). That is something that is VERY appealing, and stands in stark contrast to some of the other manufacturers out there.

I think I recall reading about how the "gyro trust" was a big setting that could make/break the performance. Or at least has some significant effects.

What are the motor sizes on there (guesstimate)?