F450 first flight attempt and issues

BodzioSamolot

Hi :)

I've built my first quad. Unfortunately when i try to lift it off the ground it tilts to the side and falls exactly like in this video:

I know this issue has already been discussed and apart from obvious solutions like compass calibration and checking the props i saw that resoldering everything tends to help. As i am totally new to soldering i have no idea if i've done a good job. Is everything ok with my soldering or do i need to redo it?
http://imgur.com/a/VjKkh

I also suspected that my problems may stem from center of gravity being off. How do i configure it for Naza M Lite? Naza M Lite Assistant software doesn't appeat to have such an option.
'
I will be very grateful for any help and promise to find some hilarious pictures on the internet as a "thank you" :D

palcuz

Have you tried to lift off?

If these are your first attempts at flight you could be looking at "ground effect".

Which flight controller?

Did you calibrate speed controllers?

If it flips with more throttle than it could be Esc reversed wiring or motor order.

Check that motors spin in the correct rotation without props on.

It almost looks like not enough throttle upon lift off with only a slight weight bias.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BodzioSamolot

I've tried to lift off aggresively. Unfortunately it did not help because the quad stayed at an angle (and attacked me :) ). It did not level automatically despite being in ATTI mode.

The manual says that ESCs don't require any calibration. They are DJI 420 LITE. Motors are not numbered but i checked multiple times if they rotate in good directions. They do. Props can be mounted in only one way so they don't allow to be installed wrong.

I'm using DJI DT7 with NAZA M LITE.

BodzioSamolot

Success! :D

This might help some newbie like me in the future: in the NAZA M LITE Assistant i went to Tools and chose Calibrate IMU. If that button is not available you just have to wait a moment (for me it was something like ~2 minutes).

Thanks for everyone that helped :)