EZUHF TX and Futaba T8J setup

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
I have been using rubber bands to hold the TX to my radio, but this was kinda nasty looking and if a band broke, well my TX would surely fall off and probably disconnect. So yesterday I played with some plastic and a rework hot temp air gun at 190° to form some clear plastic I had laying around, the result is a mount my TX goes onto which provides clearance and a nice angle on the antenna to keep it almost vertical while in use.

Here it is.

IMG_0002_zps2dbc2f7f.jpg

IMG_0003_zps9e2bd901.jpg

My radio is not really that dusty! Flashes show up the worst don't they... lol

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
If anyone is interested, you can't get the EZUHF to fit behind the handle on these radios, I was meant to mention that part, hence the mount to make it slip through.

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
Nice, I made a similar setup from polycarbonate some time back, makes it easy to also mount a 3S 1000mH pack up under the EZUHF Tx as well.

Pete

Attachments

• Stand (1 of 1).jpg
    Stand (1 of 1).jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 244

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Now that is something I did not think of! I may have to locate one of them flat 3S packs and use it..... now yah got me thinking... lol

PeteDee

Mr take no prisoners!
I am using a 14SG with a LiFe pack so not getting full power from the EZUHF if I don't use a 3S pack, for a lot of the time I only use low power on 3S but it is the same power as Hi power on the LiFe pack so Hi on the 3S triples the power, nice in the case of emergencies.

Pete

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
That's all I have been doing at the moment, but really due to VTX issues my range has not been too far. I am certainly interested in separating my VTX power away from my TX, but don't want to use some of the batteries I have right now (too big).
My TX right now is still using AA batteries, but I am in the process of buying some single cell button-less Ni-Cd batteries to build my own packs, $60 for 4 a 4 cell pack for my radio is ridiculous.

TBSteeny

Output lead ?

I have been using rubber bands to hold the TX to my radio, but this was kinda nasty looking and if a band broke, well my TX would surely fall off and probably disconnect. So yesterday I played with some plastic and a rework hot temp air gun at 190° to form some clear plastic I had laying around, the result is a mount my TX goes onto which provides clearance and a nice angle on the antenna to keep it almost vertical while in use.

Here it is.

IMG_0002_zps2dbc2f7f.jpg

IMG_0003_zps9e2bd901.jpg

My radio is not really that dusty! Flashes show up the worst don't they... lol

Thanks deanot - I'm running a T8J with a TBS discovery Pro and find myself short on range - looking to copy your system and go for a EZUHF system - can you tell me where you go for the lead ? looks like its manufactured, I guess it runs from the training socket

kloner

Aerial DP
they come with the ezuhf...

bunch of ezuhf install pics, i use a rasp and sand half the handle off then use that to support the antenna. Theres alot of ways to skin a cat. Biggest thing i do is bail the link needing plugs on em. have had em come loose on the ground several times, so i open em up and solder straight to the pcb. makes it clean

http://www.klonerbuilt.com/piwigo/index.php?/category/17

i.php

Last edited by a moderator:

OneStopRC

Dirty Little Hucker
Thanks deanot - I'm running a T8J with a TBS discovery Pro and find myself short on range - looking to copy your system and go for a EZUHF system - can you tell me where you go for the lead ? looks like its manufactured, I guess it runs from the training socket

As Kloner said, they come with the EZUHF.. You could buy the pro system like I did from Team BlackSheep.com or from an ImmersionRC dealer like myself, as of now I have none in stock but you should be able to locate one.