"EasyTaker" from Russia

Vitaly

Hi guys!
Best regards from Russia!
Despite the borders and customs, the UAV technologies stubbornly increase in my motherland. Of course, it's mainly box-desicions fron DJI and 3D-R. On the 3-th place Tarot's frames - but, all the way, with DJI's IMU)))
But some people like me want to go feather and looking for great products like FreeFly, Aeronavics, Vulcan and a few other high-technology products.
So, my dorn-selection was pretty simple:
- no box-drones like Phantom or X8 (no posibilities for upgrade)
- no Inspire-1: too expensive for flying GoPro
- no Tarot:...don't know why!))
So, after deleting too expensive systems (after our customs they become more expensive for 30%) like FreeFly, i'd stopped on Vulcan UAV. From there web-site Vulcan's stuff looked very reliable and high-quality. So, 3 mounth later i have the following construction. It's pretty huge and very nice!!
f334a6b637d2.jpg

Zero S4 as IMU.
d45bdc73d5e3.jpg

T-motor ESC 40A
768d4fd60f51.jpg

71604780f57f.jpg

2b5b221567e9.jpg

1e418ecb97b9.jpg

Wooden T-motor 16" props
9d67cd95fead.jpg

To be continued...

Vitaly

Thanks!
Well, next will be pictures of my first flight)):
475af4c7e1de.jpg

c77038bbb624.jpg

It's pretty hard to rise it!
Well, now i'm waiting for spares..

Vitaly

Wrong connection of one motor (wrong direction of rotation. It's really strange: i'd checked it at home) So, when i began to take off copter turned upside down a crashed one arm.. Besides this, the flight mode was "manual" - i guess, it's wrong too.

Vitaly

I'm very, very angry!!
So, let me describe you this awfull story in brief.
Well, one day i had been started thinking about gimbal. As far as ruble comes down against $ and euro, Gremsy and other cool gimbals become very expensive. Besides this, i'm a begginer, so this i decide it's no need to start with hi-end things.
After pretty long searches i founded this web-site: https://eshop.t-online.de/epages/Shop46572.sf/de_DE/?ObjectPath=Categories
Cnc-kreativ, from Germany. Well, nice gimbals for beginner with tasty prices!
Of course, i wrote to this Cnc a few letters. Someone Daniel Rudiger responded, as i could see, very reluctantly and briefly. After a time, i order this gimbal:
a68dc75bd344.png

With shaft encorders, bearings and nice servos - good deal for this money!
So, i waited for a few weeks and at last recieved my package.
But when i opened it...
Oh my God!! It's not my gimbal!!!:
4c35caf541b7.png

Less loading capacity (max 1000g), ugly brushless motors.... I paid for other gimbal!!!!!
Besides this, gimbal wasn't packaging, incredible careless relation...
I wrote a letter to "dear" Daniel about this situation, but, as for me, i don't think i'll have an answer. I'm very upset.
So, don't make any deal with cnc-kreativ: don't loose your money a don't waste your time.

Pumpkinguy

Thanks!
Well, next will be pictures of my first flight)):
475af4c7e1de.jpg

c77038bbb624.jpg

It's pretty hard to rise it!
Well, now i'm waiting for spares..

Buddy, Hard break. Pretty much anyone that has been in the hobby a while has had a crash. Don't let it discourage you. If it were me, I would replace that motor even if it seems fine. Also, get a set of cheap props for trials.

Racheed

You are too far into this to quit. Like you Vitaly I'm also putting togeather a Vulcan quad. Let me know how it flies and what is the FC ? "Experience is what you get what you dont want" Good luck my friend.

Vitaly

FC is Zero S4V2. Can't say about this device something bad: no errors, works nice. Only one thing doesn't satisfy me: S4V2 doesn't support ESC calibration.
Well, before flying i am to calibrate ESC's (T-motor 40A): they have different thrust, that's why my "bird" turned up side down
Thank you for your wishes!
But, as far as i work with Vulcan staff, i understand they are not so ideal as i thought.

fmkit

you're lucky to get better gimbal, I hope it can hold your camera weight

why do you use motor mounts on flat arms ?

Vitaly

Hi everyone!
So, in brief:
1. Had the second crush. Vulcan's motor mounts have week place. You can guess were it by the following fotos:
3e88024a9a75.jpg

So, one of them bursted in the air. As a result i have this:
526823be10a9.jpg

this
10aed0f5228e.jpg

and this
d95a6e2f5081.jpg

But they wouldn't top me!!)))
So, i'll chage the way motor mount.
While i waiting for spares, i decide to dedicate some time to my gimbal. Here we go:
f4728bae8a58.jpg

This "Frankinshtein" consists of Vulcan's quick releas plate, Tarot's antivibration plate and my "FAMOUSE" german gimbal from my favorite CNC-kreative (by the way, since i wrote him that letter about wrong gimbal - he didn't answer me).
daabc0e07d44.jpg

Best wishes from Russia!

Is this your first multirotor? Do you have any RC experience from before?

If your ansvars are yes, I would recommend building a smaller and less expensive multirotor from scratch, and also buy a fair amount of replacement parts and get some hours flying that one before you fly your big bird again. That way, you will gain a lot of experience much faster without draining your wallet too much. And more important: You are less likely to cause injury to either persons or animals with a smaller drone.

Anyway, good luck. Hang in there! :)

Vitaly

Sure, you quite right. But in the present economic circumstances it's pretty expensive (for me!) to have two drones - small and big. And, frankly speaking, second crush wasn't my fault - vulcan's motor mount turns very brittle.
Of course, i do my flying experinces in deserted areas.

Nice led light. You should also put led lights on the sides of the arm. The top is a bit difficult to see when the multirotor is flying above you ;)

Vitaly

Led lights is on the top and on the bottom of this arm - it's just such kind of foto))
So, few notes about Vulcan production:
1. Mount motors on the arms (as i did at last), or use motor mount plates with motor rings. Motor plates are very fragile because of vibration and a lot of holes and slots on it.
2. Landing chassis (especially high one) are very poore too. If i'll have a hard landing, i know they will curve. So, looking for other chassis.