"Drone" Radio Live, 2-Dec, Special Guest Maxwell Tubman, Steam Machine Aerial

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
This show originally aired on December 2, 2015

View attachment 26948

"Drone" Radio Live.....

the world-wide video-webcast that live-streams the most up to date and complete collection of multi-rotor related news, information, and entertainment returns this Wednesday, December 2nd at 9PM EST (0200 UTC)!

CLICK THIS LINK THE NIGHT OF THE SHOW TO TUNE IN!
www.youtube.com/user/multirotorforums/live

Our special guest in the studio this week will be Mr. Maxwell Tubman (@maxwelltub; ) of Steam Machine Aerial.

Steam Machine Aerial was started by Max but recently purchased by XM2, an aerial media services company located in Australia. We'll ask Max about getting started, finding gigs, and how he came to sell his company to XM2. Max will also be showing off his latest professional-grade aerial equipment.

Patrick Egan of sUASnews.com joins us to discuss the latest news.

Scott Norton returns to tackle the ever-important topic of "drone" safety with help from comedian/ventriloquist Jeff Dunham and the Academy of Model Aeronautics.

Our host, Bart Cocchiola, will present the first of many discussions on the basics of multi-rotor helicopters....the components, the software, and how it all comes together to accomplish stable and sustained flight....this week we'll discuss the basic components in a typical "drone".

As always, you'll also be able to call in and ask questions, show off your latest builds, report on a great piece of gear you've purchased, etc. Reach us via Skype during the show when indicated at;

DroneRadioLive1
or
DroneRadioLive2.

It'll be a spankin' good time and at least an hour of the most up to date information available from the world's leading website for discussing ALL brands of multi-rotor helicopters, MultiRotorForums.com!

Please join us Dec 2 at 9PM Eastern (0200 UTC) via the link below;
www.youtube.com/user/multirotorforums/live

Follow us on Twitter at @DroneRadioLive

Join us to discuss "Drone" Radio Live at MultiRotorForums.com

Please email Bart at Bart@MultiRotorForums.com if you have questions about how to appear on "Drone" Radio Live or how to become a sponsor.

Thank you very much for reading, we'll see you live on December 2!

Attachments

• DRL-2DEC2015-500x150-Banner.png
    DRL-2DEC2015-500x150-Banner.png
    34.2 KB · Views: 280
Last edited by a moderator:

Bartman

We go live in about an hour, please feel free to call in via Skype and ask questions, show off new builds, share experiences with new equipment...I'm really looking forward to speaking with Max, he's a cool dude and has a great story to share about his experiences with Steam Machine Aerial and now XM2 Aerial

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
Live streaming right now folks. Latest news from sUasnews.com and a great guest coming up. Come on by and check it out!

AzViper

Hi Bart & Scott,

95 percent of my flying is within US National Forest. I do fly FPV but, mainly to see where my camera is pointed. From that point I fly line of site. Because where I fly and because my FPV is analog its tough to see in detail if I may fly over a hikers as seen in this video. Whats your thoughts?

Bartman

Finally, a great show and a successful archive!

for what it's worth, I said Patrick has a "dearth" of knowledge which means a scarcity when I was actually trying to say the opposite! my bad! :(

Bartman

Hi Bart & Scott,

95 percent of my flying is within US National Forest. I do fly FPV but, mainly to see where my camera is pointed. From that point I fly line of site. Because where I fly and because my FPV is analog its tough to see in detail if I may fly over a hikers as seen in this video. Whats your thoughts?

Cool looking heli, we don't see a lot of the 690 around here.

You and I fly a lot alike, using FPV to see the camera feed while also maintaining line of sight to fly the helicopter. In fact I still use Myvu goggles from 2010 to do this and they work great.

What you're talking about is one of the many gray areas that we all deal with when we go flying. We can be as safe as we want but there are things that pop up that are not always anticipated! So long as you're being careful and not going back to harass people I think you'd be fine. If you do happen to get too close or even impact a hiker by all means stick around, make sure the people are ok and take responsibility for what happened. The worst thing you could do is leave and then have the police track you down based on serial numbers or firmware records.

Thanks for watching the show and for the follow up!

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
The other thing to keep in mind is there may be restrictions on the parks you fly in. National parks have been banned for flying as far as I know. Make sure that you check the regulations before you find yourself on the wrong end of a costly fine :)

Bartman

@AzViper, for what it's worth, that's some spectacular scenery you've got to work with and very nice footage!

AzViper

Thanks Bart & Scott,

Thank you for doing the show. I had placed a link on my Facebook group I operate, hopefully some of our members caught the show, will keep reminding them of future shows.

Fully aware of not able to fly in National Parks such as Grand Canyon. Where I fly no restrictions within the forest provided I do not impact fighting a forest fire. Friday morning after Thanksgiving I met Steve Maller from your November 18th show where I fly. He, his son, and friend were in Tucson, Az. visiting and were at Windy Point area flying his Freefly Alta photographing the sunrise. Got to spend about 30 minutes talking with Steve and Howard.

As for the Aligns they took a hit due to having bad gimbals. I do not fly with an Align gimbal but have found a gem in the Z1 Tiny 2 gimbal, totally Plug n Fly gimbal. Outside of that issue I have modded the 690 and the bird is a pleasure to fly and very stable in flight.

Another video from where Steve and I were flying from. The large face looking rock is called Nixon rock named after our 37th president.

edit: link to camera mount mentioned above
http://www.gearbest.com/rc-quadcopter-parts/pp_212680.html

Our Facebook Group, https://www.facebook.com/groups/RotorPilots/

Motopreserve

Drone Enthusiast
That's some great looking video!

Thanks for posting the update to your Facebook group. Be sure to mention to them that it can always be watched later as an archive if they miss the show on its regular scheduled night.

AzViper

I have posted all four shows to our group. Currently have 160 members that own Align Multirotors and other MR's. Not much happening at Multirotors Forum with Align gear. PR with Align is terrible and they sure could use a boost. I have had the group as a closed group but its now been made public so others can visit without joining... Need to join to post...

Stop by and have a look. We have another live event tonight with Chris Newman of CineChopper. Keith

https://www.facebook.com/groups/RotorPilots/

Bartman

I'm prepared to do special broadcasts in the form of product reviews for manufacturers that are willing to get involved and provide the hardware. If you have the ear of anyone at Align please pass this along and we'll do the rest. A review can include flying footage provided by the manufacturer, on screen graphics with specs, Skype calls by sales or tech help people, Skype calls by prospective customers during the review show.....since I own and built the studio I can do just about any format for any length of time, we just need the community to begin to take advantage of it.

Thanks for sharing the shows with your usergroup!

saharmalu

We go live in about an hour, please feel free to call in via Skype and ask questions, show off new builds, share experiences with new equipment...I'm really looking forward to speaking with Max, he's a cool dude and has a great story to share about his experiences with Steam Machine Aerial and now XM2 Aerial