DJI motor spinner screw replacement?

r4nd0m

DJI motor spinner prop nut replacement?

Hi,

does anyone where to find replacements for the motor spinner prop nut? or any compatible ones? lost mine when a prop came off today, luckily before I intended to mount the camera ...

thanks
r4n

Last edited by a moderator:

r4nd0m

thanks mate, thats a nut I have used as a temporary solution, works fine - but I was thinking to maintain the look of the dji, looks a bit odd, though fully functional ... still cant understand why the nut came off in the first place as I had enough locktide on it, did fly it a bit rough though testing zick zacks through a tree alley to work on orientation ... I will check with the guys who sell dji parts, maybe they never thought of stocking them as a replacement nut is easy to find ..

thanks
Sev

vinnygogo

i have heard you should never use locktite on a propnut, because it could damage your prop(the loctite) and cause it to break!

r4nd0m

well I have just used it on the threading and not all the way, wouldnt do any metal to metal on a heli with just force as it tends to undo itself ... I think if you get locktide onto the prop itself as in overdoing it with the amount that could be the case but if you do it the "right" way - it shouldnt be an issue ... I only used the top 3-4 rows to have some grip but obviously it didnt help much ...

Waiheke

Has anyone tried drilling a hole in the propnut and locking with a piece of soft wire?
Through the hole and around the prop.

mailman35

at that point its easier to just replace the stock motors with something better

also locktite anywhere near the props is a bad idea. use a locking washer under the nut to make up the difference.

Dewster

I've been looking for a solution to prevent my props from coming off. When I initially built my copter I tested it and had two props fly off. It was just a ground test for pitch, yaw etc. It surprised me. I tightened the nuts and after a few more tests I had the same thing happen. My solution (I'm open to correct methods) was to use plumber's tape on the thread and Scotch 5lb mounting tape above the nut. Believe it or not, the mounting tape absorbs the vibration that causes the nut to shake loose. I've had several flights without issues. After every two flights I check to see if the nuts have loosened and haven't found one in danger of coming off (loose). Any correct methods for securing a nut would be greatly appreciated. I've seen enough videos of multicopters crashing from props that came loose...not to mention those that break.

Benjamin Kenobi

Easy? You call that easy?
I just use an o-ring under the nut which provides friction and stops it undoing. I remove my blades for transport so threadlock isn't an option.

Using Tapatalk, yeah?

There are replacement parts. The store I bought my 450here in Sweden have every little bit for sale. Maybe look on a better dealer?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I picked up some 6mm x 1 nyloc nuts from the local hardware shop. they work perfect. Just like the look more of the stock acorn nuts from DJI.

actually on one of my first test flights I lost one of the nuts. It was hilarious. The prop went flying 50 feet up in the air. Good thing I was only a few feet off the ground at the time. I had the FPV video of it, but because the JVC Camera does not do date time file formatting or non-repeating sequence numbering, I copied over the video and lost it :(

I found the nut in the street about 100 feet down the road. Hence the nyloc nuts now.