DJI F550 with naza mv2 and Graupner MX-20, help needed

Asesapie

So I am diving further into multirotors and got the F550 with the Naza mv2. The build went smooth and now I'm stuck. I am having problems getting my graupner mx-20 transmitter with gr-24l receiver to talk with the naza. I have the naza setup but keep getting an error saying I need to calibrate the tx. I don't know why cause this is out if the box and with updated firm ware. I don't know if I should set it up as an airplane or helicopter for the model and other settings. I am having difficulty finding information regarding the TX and RX being used with the naza.

Does anyone out there have a graupner that they have setup with the naza to help me find my issue?

thanks!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    144.7 KB · Views: 688
Last edited by a moderator:

Tahoe Ed

You have the Rx set up as Traditional. When it asks you to calibrate the Tx it is referring to doing so in Assistant not in the Tx. DJI recommends that you use ACRO.

Asesapie

Thanks for the reply Tahoe Ed. What I can't do at all is calibrate the tx in the Naza as my tx/rx won't talk to the Naza as it's setup.

From what I understand I have the receiver set up as ppm and did so following another thread hoping that would solve my issue but still nothing. Can you explain how I have mine setup as traditional and what ACRO is that dji recommends to use?

I also don't know if I should set the model up as a helicopter or airplane on the transmitter. Again I'm learning and appreciate the help
Thanks

Tahoe Ed

I am not an expert at the Graupner Tx. I helped a user with his about a year ago. ACRO is airplane mode. I would not do Heli. Make sure that your Rx is connected to the Naza correctly. Throttle to Throttle etc. I don't remember how Graupner maps its channels. You are going to have to dig into the manual for most of your answers.

Asesapie

Thanks Tahoe Ed. I found there are three different ways to set up the receiver for a plane. I have a pic below showing how to wire the receiver for the different types of airplanes. Do you know what places on the naza the wires from the receiver would go? I really appreciate the assistance so far.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    145.1 KB · Views: 436

nuclear

Thanks for the reply Tahoe Ed. What I can't do at all is calibrate the tx in the Naza as my tx/rx won't talk to the Naza as it's setup.

From what I understand I have the receiver set up as ppm and did so following another thread hoping that would solve my issue but still nothing. Can you explain how I have mine setup as traditional and what ACRO is that dji recommends to use?

I also don't know if I should set the model up as a helicopter or airplane on the transmitter. Again I'm learning and appreciate the help
Thanks

From what i can read of the graupner manual
It is also possible to program the channel 8 for the sum signal using a Graupner HoTT transmitter or the
SMART-BOX (Order No. 33700). This is important for certain optional devices which require this signal.
you need to program it from the computer or the transmitter to output ppm
if you set it like that, there should only be 1 wire between channel 8 of the receiver to x2 of the Naza
Then inside the naza, set it as ppm (not d-bus since it's futaba encoded)
Then, you should be able to calibrate

Asesapie

I have tried to set this thing up over and over and continue to get the error:

configuration on error, this may cause by firmware upgrade from old version or abnormal TX calibration. Re-calibrate your transmitter and power cycle your controller and check all of the parameters."

i have aver been following this thread with using google translate:

http://www.multirotor-community.eu/...aupner-MX-20-HOTT-%FCber-PPM-Signal-ansteuern

for how to setup my graupner with the naza. I have followed this and can't get this to work correctly. I am at the point of returning the Graupner and getting something else. Can anyone out there help me solve this issue?

I need this F550 up and running ASAP.

thanks

Asesapie

Okay so I have my transmitter connected to the F550 and have flown it twice. Today on the second flight it went to failsafe mode 15 seconds after flying and seems to be stuck in failsafe. I have my switch on my TX set up for the GPS and Failsafe. When I toggle the GPS switch it only highlights Failsafe with the failsafe on or off. It is on the failsafe nearest the GPS, ATTI or Manual modes but on the Naza software it says I'm in Failsafe. How do I get my F550 out of failsafe. Right now I can't fly it.

Your help is appreciated.

** Figured it out. I had my Failsafe switch on my TX flipped by accident and didn't realize it. Next step, label switches. I fell like a dork

Yep, that is the way I have my Graupner MX-20 programmed for my Naza. GPS-ATTI-FailSafe on one 3way. I am also using one wire on channel 8 of the Rx, and SUMO12/PPM.
This might help too?
http://vimeo.com/82434688
If you are still having trouble let me know and I'll try an post my setup file from the SD card.