DJI F450 Motor Problems

Will Vanderwey

Okay so after over a year of owning the f450 I've begun to have some stability issues. Three months ago I added the tarot 2d gimble and some landing gear. Soon after that the problems started. Overall it flies fine but it has this strange twitch and occasionally looses altitude. The problem is significantly worse in windy conditions. I've tried everything from compass calibration to removing the gimble to replacing the battery (I've also played with the gains and while it helps the problem it is definitely not the source) and nothing seems to change.

About a day ago I took off the props to see if a faulty motor was causing problems. I noticed a strange noise that I'm not sure what to make of. Heres a video for reference.

Heres another video of the quad flying. If you listen you can hear a strange noise coming from the motor right before it loses altitude or starts to yaw / pitch /roll without stick input.

I've looked through a ton of posts and can't seem to find anyone with a similar problem. I've heard the dji 30a esc's often have bad bullet connectors but I have a hunch its a motor issue instead. At this point I'll take any input or advice. Thanks.