DJI Data Viewer Issues Resolved (iOSD Log files)

keensg

President, geoResource Technologies, Inc.
After months of acting as if they have never heard of the problem, DJI has finally resolved my issue. When bringing in the Log Files from iOSD on a S1000 all the data was compressed into zero seconds (as if it was not recording time) making it impossible to view the data. DJI U.S. had me ship the whole thing back and they replaced the iOSD but the issue was not resolved (and they had the unit for a long time).

Finally someone from DJI Asia sent me a new version of Data Viewer and that resolved the issue - great! My version of iOSD assistant was always up to date, so I am not sure how they roll out updated versions of Data Viewer.

keensg

It works beautifully! Attached is the 'after' screen capture (before the data was all compressed into a single vertical line at zero seconds).

I can send the file if you want to PM me. It is too large for the forum and in .RAR format (unless there is another way).

Attachments

• After.png
    After.png
    317.9 KB · Views: 768

Amerly

Hi Keensg,

Nice to see you have something that actually works as it should (yes DJI did not got this part, again)!

You can post the link you will receive when transferering the file to www.wetransfer.com

it's going to be available for all for 7 days...

Thanks !

painter12

I have downloaded and unpacked the archive. Unfortunately, after downloading any DAT file error message "Config File is invalid".
Maybe there is another version of the viewer or the installation file?View attachment 23694

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2015-03-11 в 17.57.35.png
    Снимок экрана 2015-03-11 в 17.57.35.png
    74.6 KB · Views: 755

keensg

I have downloaded and unpacked the archive. Unfortunately, after downloading any DAT file error message "Config File is invalid".
Maybe there is another version of the viewer or the installation file?View attachment 23694

I believe that installation has worked for others (and worked for me). Are you pulling data from a A2?

keensg

Here is a trace of altitude from your file FLY025.DAT so it seems to work well. So it would appear to be your installation of the Data Viewer that is having the problems. Do you have another machine to install it on to try it out? Do you have DJI iOSD Assistant already running on the machine? If not, I would install it from the DJI WEB site and then re-install Data Viewer.

Attachments

• Altitude over Time.jpg
    Altitude over Time.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 497

painter12

Thank you very much!
I got! I copied your version of the viewer to the directory in which was set a standard viewer of DJI. After this, the viewer will operate normally. Maybe you know where I can see the full names of the parameters of the log file? I am very interested in the error flag "Attitudes status" what is shown as a "white flashes". What parameter can correspond to a "white flashes"?

keensg

Thank you very much!
I got! I copied your version of the viewer to the directory in which was set a standard viewer of DJI. After this, the viewer will operate normally. Maybe you know where I can see the full names of the parameters of the log file? I am very interested in the error flag "Attitudes status" what is shown as a "white flashes". What parameter can correspond to a "white flashes"?

I am glad it worked. I am not sure exactly what you are looking for, the full-names are in the 'Fly data' panel at the right side of the screen. I would think you might be asking on the definition of all those parameters and you will have to send an inquiry to DJI for a definition file because I have not seen one. Some are obvious and other are a bit of a guess.

Maybe E_led_atti refers to the 3 white flashes which indicate Flight Attitude - 'Attitude status bad' on the A2 LED.

painter12

Thank You!
... Maybe E_led_atti refers to the 3 white flashes which indicate Flight Attitude - 'Attitude status bad' on the A2 LED.

If I understand correctly, nowhere is there a table explaining the parameter names of the DAT file?

keensg

As I said, I am not aware of any explanation of the parameter names (the ones that are not obvious). I would ping DJI and see if you can get a straight answer and if you do, you can post it here. Best.