DJI A2 and Zenmuse GH3

Hey folkes, I have the A2, Zenmuse Z15-GH3 and Futaba T14SG and want to setup it for a one pilot solution. Im having troubble figuring out the cabeling between A2 and Zenmuse GCU. Do i need to link an extra TX or can the built in A2 handle it all ? Please advice. //Mike

sk5

Gah crap, forgot to post that i found a solution, will post later when i get home from work

Thank you Mikael look forward to it! I hope the solution doesn't involve what I suspect it may involve which is this http://www.globe-flight.de/DJI-A2-D-Bus-Adapter_1 , also since our boards currently can't broadcast a clear signal, what are you utilizing for a live feed? I've mounted a gopro and mini iosd on top of gimbal for now seems to work fine but just have always fly and shoot above subjects

Ok this is how I solved it,

1. First f all put he 7008S in ModeD
2. Then connect the A2 X2 to Sbus and configure assistant tous SBUS
3. Map Canl9-15 in A2 to the functions you want.

Since the GH3 dont have any possibility to switch between film/still in flight i mapped Pan, Tilt, Mode an Shut.

Hope you can figure it out!

//Mike

sk5

mike so I appropriately understand wouldn't this in effect make two receivers handle one transmitter? does that not sound a bit scary, what mode did you set up your A2 in, I used MULTI is that permissible?

djiflyer1

Hello sk5, did you find a solution? I have the same issue with connecting the a2 to the z15.
Thanks for help.
Regards.

soler

I use two RX from one transmitter no problem, the receivers cannot tell if there is one or more listening in.

mike so I appropriately understand wouldn't this in effect make two receivers handle one transmitter? does that not sound a bit scary, what mode did you set up your A2 in, I used MULTI is that permissible?

sk5

Hi DF1, I haven't found a solution yet, are you running a mark II gimbal though? If so I've successfully mapped av channel adjustment to a two position switch (currently set to throttle hold) and plugged into the F3 port of the A2, F1 of A2 is landing gear, regarding the suggested method for a one-pilot operation, I have yet to see that strategy/or programming successfully work due to the nature of the bind of the Futaba to the A2 requiring multi and the OP doesn't make it very clear on how exactly his set up is run, is it two 7008sb's or one, in fast multi mode or 14 channel, which bind occurs first the bind for zenmuse functions or the A2

Hello sk5, did you find a solution? I have the same issue with connecting the a2 to the z15.
Thanks for help.
Regards.

djiflyer1

Hi thanks for your answer ,
sorry i forgot to mention - i have a z15 gh2 with the futaba T14sg - for know i'm just trying to use the zen in single pilot mode - i will try f3-f2 - but it looks like that i need an extra TX anyway or?
regards

... so, i just got F2 connected with the tilt funktion to one of the knobs - but thats about it ..... i cant connect anything else - totally lost..

Last edited by a moderator:

rodod

Easy solution. you have to not think about it too hard. on the A2 connect F2 to pitch or tilt on zenmuse, F3 to pan on zenmuse, f4 to mode on zenmuse. Now go to a2 assistant and DISABLE gimbal control. on futaba receiver map LS to an aux (ch.11), RS to vpp(ch.12), SG to an aux. (ch.10) now go back to A2 assistant and map them into the A2. LS (Pan) will be ch.11, RS (Tilt or pitch) will be ch.12, SG (zenmuse mode) will be ch.10. You HAVE to DISABLE gimbal control in the A2 assistant to free up F2 & F3. Once done you will have full control of zenmuse from the same receiver. Well at least all the control you will need. Not enough channels on A2 to enable shutter and the other remote functions on zenmuse. FYI this is my setup on my Futaba T8fg Super.

ralf_B

Tried th
Easy solution. you have to not think about it too hard. on the A2 connect F2 to pitch or tilt on zenmuse, F3 to pan on zenmuse, f4 to mode on zenmuse. Now go to a2 assistant and DISABLE gimbal control. on futaba receiver map LS to an aux (ch.11), RS to vpp(ch.12), SG to an aux. (ch.10) now go back to A2 assistant and map them into the A2. LS (Pan) will be ch.11, RS (Tilt or pitch) will be ch.12, SG (zenmuse mode) will be ch.10. You HAVE to DISABLE gimbal control in the A2 assistant to free up F2 & F3. Once done you will have full control of zenmuse from the same receiver. Well at least all the control you will need. Not enough channels on A2 to enable shutter and the other remote functions on zenmuse. FYI this is my setup on my Futaba T8fg Super.

I did a setup like described by rodod, disabled gimbal control, but I still have no control on gimbal. Mapping in A2 assistant on direct channels D2 to D4 is okay, but still no reaction of gimbal .. Any ideas to solve this ?
Only use the A2 so far.