DJI 550 / Naza gain settings

jamienz

What are people running as gain settings on their Naza/F550 combos?

Im running 4S with 5000MAH batteries - keen to shortcut the dialing in process!

Cheers

Bella7821

Last edited by a moderator:

jamienz

yeah I have been to the same spreadsheet but haven't seen anything on the F550 yet. Oh well once I get mine dialed I will add it.

zx12rcarl

im running a F550... with naza, 3s 5.8mah, gopro hd, landing gear, and my basic gains 160, 160, 160, 160, and attitude gains 100, 100, and flys real well upto now.

Bella7821

do the gains change with weather or any other conditions?
that's why I put all of mine on the AUX 3 dial.
But if it's only time adjustment setting then I'll just set them in the assistant software.
someone told me to put them all on AUX 3 so they can be adjusted on the fly while hovering.
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

zx12rcarl

i dont no about weather and im still new to setting up gains myself but i do no if i set my F450 gains on my F550 its not right
and i think how much my F450 and F550 weigh makes a difference to how ive setup the gains.
and yes i have the gains setup on my x2 dial so i can adjust on the fly. i have played with the gains when out and i endup back at
160 on the basic gains. one more thing is i find it hard to tell whats going on with the gains when adjusting in high winds
maybe its me i dont no :) but as ive got it setup now it flys brill and hovering is brill and drops from the sky brill as well
unlike my f450 that didnt want to come down very well.. saying that i did have a camera that was offset and made the f450 nose drop
was not to bad after playing with the gains. ive got my f550 balanced real good now and it just so planted so im very happy with its
setup as it is. hope this help carl.

zx12rcarl

oh one more thing.... i have my F550 setup as a Quad rotor +6 in the assistant software.
dont no if anyone can tell use but will it make a difference with gains, and flying, if the F550 is setup as Quad rotor +6 or Hexa rotor X6 ????

Bella7821

I have mine setup up to X6

Thank you very much for the reply.
Do you have all the gains set on the AUX channel?
I have all the basic gains and also both attitude gains on my AUX 3. Don't know if that's the correct way or not.
I just kept everything as the default values and they all go up or down when turning the dial.
I wonder if I should set everything for a perfect hover from the assistant software, then use those values as my default settings then put all the gains into the AUX 3 knob.
That would make all the gains numbers go up or down the same, I don't know if that's ok or not.

I also don't understand something, what is the difference between the basic pitch and roll gain and attitude pitch and roll gain.
Is basic gains the gains for normal and attitude, then attitude pitch and roll gains override the basic pitch and roll gain when switching into attitude mode?

zx12rcarl

i dont have attitude gains on my aux channel just basic... thats prob not a good thing to do....

this from a user on hear...
The Atti gain generally works in reverse fashion. The higher the basic gains, the lower the Attic gain should be.

attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from the stick... ie... the bigger the value the quicker the reaction

Bella7821

AHHH, I see.
When suggested to put my gains on the AUX 3 I didn't know what gains they were talking about so I just put everything on the AUX 3.
I'll inhibit the attitude remote gains and see if that helps, anyone remember what the default attitude gains are.
Thanks for the heads up, I'll get this thing rock solid sooner or later.
If weight affects the gains then I'll have to change it again.
I ordered some 4500 4S batteries and don't have any of my FPV equipment on right now. I'm just using a 2200 3S just so I can at least play with it for a few minutes per charge.

zx12rcarl

default attitude gains 100, 100,
yup i started with 2200 3s then onto 5.8mah ... hope your sortted soon mate an happy flying
carl.

APVXtreme

APVXtreme
I finally found a sweet spot on my 550. My gains are at 150 150 175 150 80 80

She's running Aeroxcraft landing gear and gopro gimbal with 2 x 3300mah 4S lipo's, Graupner 10x5 Eprops

I noticed that with my ATTI gains much lower it provides much smoother video, like much smoother...

i dont have attitude gains on my aux channel just basic... thats prob not a good thing to do....

this from a user on hear...
The Atti gain generally works in reverse fashion. The higher the basic gains, the lower the Attic gain should be.

attitude gains determine the reaction speed of attitude from the stick... ie... the bigger the value the quicker the reaction

Crash71

Any one running a heavy lift setup? Areial media pros kit (avroto 2814-11s), 11x5 Graupner, Aeroxcraft landing gear, VTR go pro gimbal, hoverfly gimbal controller, fpv transmitter, 730 mah 3s and 8000mah 4s .. 5.4lbs .. Current gains 130 130 175 100 100 100.. So far so good. Anyone running anything close to this?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    136.8 KB · Views: 611

helloman1976

Ziptie Relocation Expert
What are people running as gain settings on their Naza/F550 combos?

Im running 4S with 5000MAH batteries - keen to shortcut the dialing in process!

Cheers

It depends on several factors like the speed of your motors, the size of your props, the total flying weight of your craft and the way you like to fly. I have mine set to 165/165/170/170 and attitude 160/160. I use 750Kv NTM 265W motors so they are slower to respond but torquey and I fly with a F550 using APC 10x5 props.