Compass Error Red/ Yellow Flashing LED effecting ATT mode?

maxwelltub

Today I got a compass error LED reading on a Naza v2. I was flying with no problem for about an hour or so and then I moved to another location and started getting the flashing yellow and red. I never use the gps anyway so I figured what the heck I'll fly any way. After quick hover test I took the copter up and away. The first glitch happened kind of far away so I though maybe it went into failsafe with no functioning compass. It pitched hard and nearly flipped but I recovered. Bringing it back in seemed to be flying back to normal and then the issue happened again, and this time it did flip but again I recovered. There was about 3-4 seconds of thinking its done for but both glitches were short and allowed me to take back control after sharp uncontrolled attitudes.

Got it back on the ground and plugged into the the assistant software to see if a gyro was acting up. Nothing. The compass error indication went away as soon as I moved away from the problem site, which was a heavy industrial area and had lots of huge metal objects.

If it was indeed compass error can someone explain why it would be affecting me in ATT mode or Manual flight mode? I do not have data logging on my smaller naza frames so I can't tell for sure what was happening.

Also I think my title is wrong in the thread. Affecting ATT mode.

Last edited by a moderator: