best quadcopter frame for FPV

Discussion in 'First Person Video (FPV), On-Screen Display (OSD)' started by juz, Jul 23, 2011.

1. juz

juz FPV pilot

Hi

I have a 1.3Ghz 300mW Vtx, a RMRC 480 FPV camera, a quadrino FC, 4 turnigy plush 30A escs and 4 Avroto 770kw short shaft motors....all waiting patiently in my workshop.

I just need a new quad frame.

The frame needs to be light (flight time IS important), strong (b/c I will crash) and suited to FPV (landing gear, space for FPV gear)

Any suggestions. I really want to make the ultimate FPV machine.

juz

2. Emowillcox

Emowillcox New Member

Hey Juz... does this mean you will have two complete FPV rigs?

3. Droider

Droider Active Member

Juz.. check out the new frames at quadcopter.co.uk.. he got some nice ones that fold and come with LED's if you want um.. Ive built a little one based on a MK frame and its taken sone serious hits.. the last one I had a motor fail and it went in to a neighbours patio window at full tilt.. quad was OK but old lady was airlifted!

Seriously check out Geoffs new stuff..

Dave

4. ovdt

ovdt Member

5. juz

juz FPV pilot

Yeah, I really need a second FPV ship. I put off making some attempts at the new competition in fear of crashing, because this weekend I was asked to film a stuntman sliding a truck around a race track. It rained! I need one quad that is an everyday hack and one for special ops :p

I'm sure most on this forum have more than one multicopter ;)

6. juz

juz FPV pilot

Haha....Funny you say that Droider. I watched a Warthox flight with a foldable quad just last night. How big is your "little" MK machine?
    Also, not sure about using carbon fibre and aluminium in an FPV dedicated quadcopter. I do love carbon though, and need something sweet for my nice motors!

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2011
  7. juz

juz FPV pilot

8. Droider

Droider Active Member

Hi Juz..I have made mide from the 400mm MK frame with some added on bits..I have freind who has a CNC cutter so he has made me some extra plates for mounting my go pro and fpv gear. I have it in stacks that I can add or remove. I also have a tare off landing gear set and battery holder. I am using copter control and love it.. I was going to post my build as I went but thought I may just how the finished things.. What motors are you using?

Dave

9. Droider

Droider Active Member

Hi Juz..I have made mide from the 400mm MK frame with some added on bits..I have freind who has a CNC cutter so he has made me some extra plates for mounting my go pro and fpv gear. I have it in stacks that I can add or remove. I also have a tare off landing gear set and battery holder. I am using copter control and love it.. I was going to post my build as I went but thought I may just how the finished things.. What motors are you using?

Dave

10. Droider

Droider Active Member

Dave