Autoflight Logic, App for Phantom & Inspire

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
Met up and went flying today with fellow site member Eric Goldstein and another local flier Vince Smith. We hung out and flew for a couple of hours but little did I know that Eric is involved with a company making a 3rd party app for Phantom and Inspire. The company is called Autoflight Logic and the app he was demonstrating today enables interactivity between up to six (I think?) different multi-rotor helicopters. He had an Inspire hovering via GPS position hold and was flying a Phantom around at about half the altitude of the Inspire.

Here's an overview video that Eric made which explains it better than I can

Amazing stuff.

Thanks for the plug! The first video was a quick test of the new Airspace capability that is still under beta and targeted for release in early December.

Think of Airspace as a way to know where physical GPS devices are - quads, phones, external GPSs, etc. Once defined, you can do all kinds of exciting things.

For example:

- Allow one quad to rotate around a second quad - even if it’s moving.

- Use the focus capability with one quad to focus on another quad as it move freely.

- Define multiple people, quads, etc. in airspace and eaisly switch between them. Think of a bunch of kids in a soccer field or cars in an auto race and allowing a quad overhead to easily switch between them.

I’m working on the Follow video (which is the predecessor to the power of Airspace) and should have it done soon.

For more info on Autoflight's modes, check out this playlist which has all the videos I've done:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxg-GzMJJAWkLHb76JnDUZXPp65GI3nkf

Old Man

Amazing capabilities and should truly expand the capabilities of those making use of this.

Last edited by a moderator: