Anti Vibration mount

Discussion in 'AP/AV General Discussion' started by Droider, Feb 23, 2011.

1. Droider

Droider Active Member

2. Bartman

Bartman smallUAVcoalition.org Staff Member Small UAV Coalition Pro

I'd like to nominate Dave to buy one and give it a try.:)

3. RTRyder

RTRyder Merlin of Multirotors

Interesting stuff and that may well be the answer to being able to use my Canon Vixia on one of the multi's, I'll find out around the of March when it gets here. Should arrive shortly after the new mount from Avertical so I can put the two together and hang it all under the Hoverfly.

Ken

4. DennyR

DennyR New Member

Would be interesting to see what it does at different frequencies!

5. Droider

Droider Active Member

Ken have you given up with the Photohigher mount?

6. Droider

Droider Active Member

Mount thought!

Just a quick one ... Ken you thought about separating the main body plates from the landing gear using some anti vibe mounts like the ones in the photo?

Dave

Attached Files:

7. RTRyder

Not at all, it lives under the Droidworx Hexa, I need something better than the HiSight II I currently have under the Hoverfly quad but I'm not going to spend PhotoHigher $ to do it. I think the multi axis standard they have at Avertical View is an interesting setup for not a whole lot of money as quad camera mounts go, plus I could get them to build it to my specs, even better! It's a bit of a lead time as each one is made to order but I can wait, still have two feet of snow on the ground and the HiSight is getting the job done for the time being with the Cannon SX 200 and GoPro. I'm hoping the new mount along with the vibration dampener will be just what the Vixia needs to work on a multi. So far I have not had much luck getting ANY camera with image stabilzation to work well on a multi. Cameras that have none seem to work just fine, so I'm still experimenting a bit to get the right solution so I can use either. If that solution works out to be I can use it on the Hoverfly but not the Hexa then that's the way it will be, if the dampener lets it work on both then that's the ultimate solution. As long as I come up with something that lets me fly it and get useable video, that's really all I'm concerned with.

Ken

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2011
  8. Bartman

ken, you ordered a vibration damper from dave's first post? it'll be interesting to see how it works out.

9. RTRyder

Yes it will. The idea seems sound, whether or not it will do what I need it to remains to be seen, but for $20 something it's pennys compared to what I've already shelled out :eek:

If that doesn't pan out, I've got another idea that should though I'll have to wait till it warms up a bit so I can spend some time in the garage working on the mill to make it.

Ken

10. Bartman

vibrations are extremely complex and what works in a lab doesn't necessarily always translate to real world benefit. it will be very interesting to see if it does its intended job. kudos for doing the testing.
    bc