Adobe has released a beta lens profile for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision camera!

Adobe has released a beta lens profile for the DJI Phantom 2 Vision camera to remove lens distortion. The official profile will be released in December.

Follow the instructions below to download the beta lens profile and give it a try. If you have any problems or suggestions, please let us know: social@dji.com.

Instructions:

1. Download the lens profile from http://www.dji.com/download/phantom-2-vision-downloads/, and unzip it.

2. Put the file PHANTOM VISION FC200.lcp into the folder shown below:

Mac
/Users/[username]/Library/Application Support/Adobe/CameraRaw/LensProfiles/1.0/

Windows
C:\ProgramData\Adobe\CameraRaw\LensProfiles\1.0

3. Open PHOTOSHOP, select Filter.

vision_fc200_1_en.jpg

4. Select Lens Correction-Camera Make-Select DJI.

vision_fc200_2_en.jpg

5. Select Camera Model-PHANTOM VISION FC200.

vision_fc200_3_en.jpg

Attachments

• 2nd-web.jpg
    2nd-web.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 451
  • 3rd-web.jpg
    3rd-web.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 484
  • 2nd.jpg
    2nd.jpg
    146.8 KB · Views: 468
Last edited by a moderator:

DennyR

Way to go gents! But why if you make that camera ( or modify a good quality security camera) don't you put a lens on it that doesn't have the distortion in the first place. Also you need a hood on the front.

SMP

Wow... Hmm now if Adobe would offer up native editing of their own DNG format we might have something...

Have to admit though, good move on DJI's part. This is what GoPro should have done instead of continuing to push Cineform.

DennyR

If you use FCP for video editing then 3rd party plugins are available. And you can tailor the effect to suit the actual lens used.
Photoshop could already take an image and let you create a lens distortion of your own. :tennis:

jes1111

...why...don't you put a lens on it that doesn't have the distortion in the first place?
140 degree FoV, that's why! It's a fisheye lens.

I know you know that, Denny - just pointing it out 'cos I get bugged by the general misunderstanding of wide angle photography, rectilinear projection, etc.

DennyR

So why does it have to be 140 deg. 72 and 60 works just fine for me.
Seems I'm not the only one doing this!!!
http://www.pimp-your-kopter.de/
Watch the vids.

The only aspect that one should be wary of is that as you get into narrower angles you have more magnification and thus it will find any weakness in your gimbal and anti vibration solutions.

The wandering horizon is not the lens it's his Gimbal calibration and vibration...

The law of perspective dictates that any object with perfectly horizontal parallel lines when viewed face on, will when projected eventually meet on the eye level line. So if you look at any object face on it will have some tiny degree of barrel distortion even with a standard focal length lens. FWIW

SMP

Photoshop could already take an image and let you create a lens distortion of your own. :tennis:
Chuckling here... Creating a lens profile is a genuine pain in the ***!! Or you can just whack a -20 in Distort PPro ;) ;)

MattBaldy

I have gone through and done exactly as shown on your pictures (with the exception that I am on Windows 7, not a Mac) but the DJI profile never shows. Doesn't matter if I try to load RAW or .jpg...? Any ideas?!

psydney

I can't find the lens correction filter on DJI's download page. Can anyone tell me how to find it - is it part of another application, or was it listed as a separate link on the downloads page?