A2 won't connect to pc and another problem.

Pumpkinguy

So I just installed the a2.
On power up I get a sequence of led colors. Green red blue purple yellow green. Then led light goes out.
My motors go thru the chime sequence. 6 beeps then a multi beep. Like normal. Then # 5 and 6 continue to make a beep that continues.
I cannot connect to laptop. With or without flight battery plugged in. Please help.

Pumpkinguy

I think ive figured out the motor issue. the a2 is probably config from the factory as a quad so it currently doesn't see # 5 and 6. still cant get either my desktop or laptop to see the flight control. Same computers I set up my phantoms and wookongs. Everything installed correctly including win drivers. wtf?

Bartman

Welcome to MultiRotorForums.com!!
don't use a flight battery while you're trying to get it set up, use a 3S pack which will be safer and everything will still do what it's supposed to do.

to connect to a laptop first turn on the laptop and open the A2 assistant. then power up the helicopter and let the A2 do its dance. then plug the USB cable into the laptop and then the A2.

if everything was done correctly then the A2 assistant should recognize that the A2 has been attached to it.

Pumpkinguy

Bart, I've tried with flight battery and without. The manual says you can configure with usb power. I've tried that too.

Pumpkinguy

I've tried this 50 times now. It's not rocket science. Just tried another Dji cable. No go. The IMU is flashing green red followed by 9 greens.
Transmitter is bound. Nothing is working.

Pumpkinguy

Getting somewhere. Switched canbus 1 and 2 around. Assistant recognized a2. Then it said it was locked. Got rid of that but now it says imu connection error.

I think its the can bus ports. I thought it didn't matter what port you used

Pumpkinguy

Note to self and to the guys that find this in future searches. Use the EXACT canbus ports specified in the manual. Not the one that's more convienent. Thanks Bart and RW

Bartman

so you've got it working? yes, always plug in everything via the diagrams!

Pumpkinguy

I thought can bus meant you could plug pretty much any Dji accessory anywhere.

Not everything is working yet. It's a lot more complicated than what I'm used too. I'm trying to find someone local to help me thru setup. Lots of money involved here. I want a pro to walk me thru it.

Bartman

it might help to add your location to your profile so it will show up under your avatar

where are you located?

On power up I get a sequence of led colors. Green red blue purple yellow green. Then led light goes out.
My motors go thru the chime sequence. 6 beeps then a multi beep. Like normal. Then # 5 and 6 continue to make a beep that continues.
I cannot connect to laptop. With or without flight battery plugged in. Please help.

Pumpkinguy

5 and 6 are beeping because the default is a quad setup. As soon as you switch to hex they will stop beeping. Don't know why you cannot connect. Do you have a iPhone or iPad? You can connect via bluetooth to fhe assistant app

Pumpkinguy

I've used a non dji usb cable. Wouldn't work. I tried using a USB extension cable cause the dji is a little short, wouldn't work. Make sure you are using a dji cable.